2012 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Where is the legroom?
By kidpolska on 05/24/13 07:16 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I like all of the features of my CR-V, but does anyone else have a problem with the driver's side legroom? I am 6'2" and have NEVER had a problem with legroom before; I can't drive this car for more than 2 hours without severe cramps.

Excellent Choice
By jerebea on 09/09/12 06:02 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We are very pleased with our purchase. The CR-V is comfortable with sufficient room in the driver and front passenger area to not feel confined. Instrumentation is easy to read and controls are functional and easy to use. Rear cargo area is very sufficient for our needs handling a medium size dog crate with ease. Rear seating area is comfortable and very adequate for two good sized adults. We are presently getting 29.5 MPG is mixed driving. Style and quality of build is excellent.

Where's the "SU" in SUV Crossover?
By ksonnenberg on 06/18/12 09:47 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It is a nice vehicle in that it drives & handles well, comfortable interior & some nice luxury features. However, Honda removed much the "Sport Utility" and now looks and feels more like a Hatchback/Minivan Crossover. We needed to replace our '02 CRV but we suppose got spoiled by it. The '02 w/ the tire on the back door left extra room in the spare tire compartment to store emergency supplies like blankets and tire pump, but not anymore. I miss the table that was a feature of the '02 trunk base handy for camping & picnics. The new CRV has 2" less of ground clearance & no longer lets you pop open the hatch window which was great for access to our dogs or supplies w/o open whole hatch.

Fantastic Gas Mileage!
By lizzylou on 06/08/12 18:37 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in my '07 Civic coupe on a White Diamond Pearl CR-V EX. I love this SUV! Can be a little sluggish with Econ mode on but saves a lot on gas and it's peppy and fun to drive with the Econ mode off. I love that the CR-V handles so well. It handles almost as good as my beloved Civic did, excellent turning radius makes it easy to park. The cabin is quiet but still hear some road noise and has minimal body roll around corners and good stability. Getting a solid 30 mpg on the highway which is my main driving ~66 miles round trip per day at around 70 mph. Has 1,500 miles on it now. I've had several people tell me it's a beautiful vehicle! No other SUV compares in features for the price.

Honda got this one right
By jhonda82 on 05/21/12 08:46 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This one softens the blow a bit for all those who just need a bigger family friendly car. I've been a sedan guy all my life but it was time to get something with some more cargo space and good on gas for those long road trips. My wife and I spent months researching both new and used vehicles in the crossover segment. Ultimately the redesigned 2012 CR-V is IMO a huge step forward over previous model years. It was certainly worth the extra few bucks to get the 2012. Many new features are now standard. My smart phone integration is flawless. Album art from Pandora/Ipod shows on display. Bluetooth quality is good too if you dont want to use the USB cable.

Much Better Than a RAV4
By dave347 on 03/05/12 16:30 PM (PST)

2012 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just traded a 2009 RAV4 for the 2012 CRV-EX. The CRV is much quieter, less road noise, peppier and much more comfortable. It looks better and rides so much better. We are hoping the reliability is as high but we think that with Honda it will be.

2012 CRV Review From A Unique Perspective
By ksako on 02/25/12 09:17 AM (PST)

2012 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a 2012 Honda CRV EX. My perspective may be unusual because I also purchased a 2011 CRV EX a few weeks earlier, so I can compare the differences in both. Both of these vehicles replaced my 1999 & 2000 CRV LX, so my take on the differences in CRVÂ’s may be somewhat unique. Honda may have picked areas to improve on that not everyone may agree with.

Road Noise
By drivingcrazy on 01/25/12 14:07 PM (PST)

2012 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the EX CR-V yesterday. I test drove one earlier in the month but was waiting for the blue color. I went around the block when it came in and it seemed fine. I am surprised that no one has complained of road noise. I find it sooooo noisy from both the road and passing cars. Everyone keeps saying last years model was noisier but I can't imagine how. Please before purchasing take it on the freeway and rough roads to be sure. I am stuck for a while.

Well done...
By mtobon on 01/24/12 23:07 PM (PST)

2012 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just got my 2012 CR-V EX and I'm loving it. This is my first SUV ever and second Honda vehicle, after a 1998 Civic. I'm very well impressed with the level of sophistication and versatility of this vehicle for this price segment. After reading some expert reviews complaining about the CR-V being a little under powered, I can only say that unless you have a large family and/or large towing needs, this vehicle provides enough acceleration and handling to comply with most driver demands, especially in terms of fuel economy. Last but not least, Honda has a great lease deal going on that also added to the equation...

Love it
By centaur74 on 01/12/12 20:46 PM (PST)

2012 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought the 2012 CRV EX (two wheel drive) today and so far I'm loving it. Got it in the dark gray/silver-looking color. This is my first Honda. Ride is smooth and quiet. I needed a family car, not a roadster and it seems perfect. Drove with the econ feature and didn't even notice a performance change. The cloth seats have a nice velvety feel to them. I'd considered getting a EX-L for the leather seats but actually preferred the cloth. Plus the EX came standard with a sun/moonroof. Cool option to pull a lever and the back seats simply fold down. The bluetooth is awesome. The car read me a text on the way home from the dealership. Tons of room in the trunk too!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda CR-V Suv in VA is:

$117 per month*