2012 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Great Small SUV
By spin24 on 11/27/13 23:34 PM (PST)

2012 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased June 2012. Driven over 10,000 miles. Fun to drive, comfortable, safe, reliable, with good gas mileage and lots of storage room for tools and spare parts.. I use it for personal transportation and as a work vehicle for real estate maintenance. Back up camera and maintenance minder are nice features. Replaced weak OEM headlight bulbs with X-treme power Phillips bulbs and @ 10,200 miles replaced surface cracked rear brake rotors with new , manufactured in Italy, brake rotors and new brake pads.

2012 CRV -- Good basic car.
By bruder on 04/07/13 21:07 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My girlfriend bought a 2012 CRV LX 2WD last summer. I've been driving it recently so I decided to share my experience. The CRV is comfortable and easy to drive. The seats are supportive and very comfortable. The engine provides adequate power and the transmission shifts are smooth. The brakes work well and stops are confident. The CRV handles reasonably well but the steering is somewhat disconnected. For most people it's fine. Visibility out the front and sides are good but the rear window is very small and the visibility out the rear is terrible. Fortunately the back up camera is standard on all models. The sound system is good. We're getting 27-29 mpg in mixed rural driving.

Do not purchase
By brendaf123 on 01/14/13 16:02 PM (PST)

2012 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Cruise control drops up to 8 mph going up a hill and gains that much going down. Dealer says the 15 mph speed variation is "normal and within guidelines". I have been driving with cruise controls since they were introduced and have never seen dramatic fluctuations like this even when the technology was new. It is too bad that Honda finds this acceptable. Side window fogs making it difficult or impossible to see side mirror. Defroster doesn't help. Seems to be a design flaw particularly in humid climates. Heater works great unfortunately I live in the south and the air conditioner is not adequate on hot days. We thought we were buying a car that we could keep for years. So disappointed.

Very very bad experience with Honda CRV
By julieca on 12/07/12 08:38 AM (PST)

2012 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Severe Break Issue!!! We got our Honda CRV this July and currently we drove 4000 miles mainly for commute. However two weeks ago, we heard the big and scary noise from our CRV while we were driving to our parents home where is the peaceful and clean residential area. The noise sounded from the break in the rare wheels. But from our eyes, we couldn't find anything stuck there to make the noise. We didn't dare to drive until my parents said that we have to drive it until the issue really appeared so that we could repair. Fortunately the terrible crash sound disappeared after we drove a few blocks. But the car break does have issue from then on. Once we step on the pedal, it has "KA" noise.

First Honda
By jarsenal on 11/27/12 10:48 AM (PST)

2012 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2009 Scion XB for the 2012 CRV a month ago. So far I'm loving the upgrade. Power is lacking but gas mileage is beyond what I expected in this vehicle. I'm averaging about 29mpg mixed City and Hwy. Nice to make it more then a week between fills. The ride is very smooth compared to my XB could be the "regular" tires vs the low profile tires on the XB. I can't get used to the back up camera and rarely look at it. I don't trust it lol.

My Third CR-V
By jay2012 on 11/21/12 14:58 PM (PST)

2012 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I brought this Black CR-V about four months ago and its been a great vehicle. Great gas mileage much better than my other two CR-V which was a 2002 and 2006. I have been getting 24 to 27 mpg in city and 29 to 34 mpg on highway sometimes as high as 37 on highway. Its drive very well and very smooth. Its fun to drive too, more fun to drive than my older CR-V. I took the steel wheels and tires off and added a much nicer 17 inch Alloy wheels with 225/65R17 sizes tires and its looks much nicer from Discount Tire Co The Honda Dealerships are so expensive to buy new Alloy wheels.

Better than expected
By crawfolk on 07/09/12 12:54 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Love this car. Got 34.1 mpg on first highway trip. Averaging above 26 mpg around town. Comfortable Honda ride. Like the Bluetooth connection for my IPhone and other included technology. Enjoyed my 2003 Honda Element and wanted to retain as much cargo space as possible. CRV gives me enough. Good visibility in driving rain. Good price and trade-in value from Honda dealer.

Best Purchase Ever
By denant on 06/04/12 16:23 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my 2012 Honda CRV! I had a 99 Civic for 11 years and I wanted to get a SUV. I was affaid that a SUV would be a completely different driving experience, but to my surprise the CRV drives has a similar feel to my civic, I dont feel like i am driving a bigger car.

Base model lacking necessary essentials...
By enginemedic21 on 05/09/12 08:31 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had a 2012 CRV lx for about 2 weeks before trading it back in to recieve a refund(dealer allowed so). I initially liked the CRV LX, it drover smooth, MPG was right on point with EPA ratings,more power than normal for its class which gave decent pick up when not in ECON mode. However there were things that bugged me that made me return it. No arm rest for the front passenger, 3 speeds for the windshield wipers,cheap quality upholstery for seats,cheap steal wheels, high price of add on features compared to other car makers. It's upsetting that I have to pay $2800 to upgrade just to get better quality seats, a front passenger armrest, and more than just 3 speeds for the windshielf wipers.

2012 CRV EX-L TEST DRIVE - December 10th
By philip19 on 12/10/11 17:34 PM (PST)

2012 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Test drove the new CRV this afternoon and bought one for my wife. Replacing her 2003 CRV after 9 exceptionally reliable years. Road noise reasonable (better than earlier models). Nice cabin layout, excellent trunk room (floor lowered), comfortable seats, decent quality leather seating, and reasonable pep. Folding table between front seats is gone (good). Didn't test the Eco mode, but apparently increases highway mpg 7%. Acceleration remains reasonable, but not stellar. Rear leg room appears slightly larger, and rear seats fold down more easily than on previous models. Rear pull out shelf standard. Rear seats more comfortable. Feels more spacious. Great car for the next 9 years!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda CR-V Suv in VA is:

$114 per month*