Used 2012 Honda CR-V EX-L Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

GREAT little SUV
By Rhonda L. Bonfiglio

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Rear Entertainment (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car is reliable and handles the road well. My version has heated seats and electric drive's seat as well as factory tint and electric sun roolf. The seats are leather and easy to maintain. I inititally intended to buy a brand-new Honda and select all my extras, but I bought instead a two-year old certified used because I SO appreciated the color; further, it had all of the add-ons I wanted. It's just a great HONDA. Love it love it love it.

We Still Love Our CR-V even after 75,000 miles
By jeff gray

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Rear Entertainment (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I still love our Honda CR-V even after 79,490 miles. Safety, reliability, comfort, and style are all features we enjoy with this car not to mention the great visibility this car has. We leased this car new in 2012 and then purchased the car in 2015 which helped avoid $4000 in over mileage fees. Considering we are also a Subaru family (both of our children drive Subarus) , we recently looked into trading in our CR-V for a 2016 Outback. After test driving the Outback, we decided to keep our 2012 CR-V and plan on keeping it well beyond the 100,000 mile mark. Surprisingly......we are still on our original brakes with nearly 40% left on the brake pads which is a good indicator of how many highway miles this car has been driven". Our car has all suggested maintenance as indicated on the Maintenance Minder done at our local Honda garage. WE ARE VERY HAPPY to have the current CONVENTIONAL AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION rather than the newer CVT transmission on some of the newer Honda CR-V models. Both the Subaru Outback and the Honda CR-V has had issues with CVT transmissions..... with the Outback having a delay of the transmission when placed in reverse. While I believe CVT is or will be great technology in both the Honda CR-V and the Subaru Outback.....I prefer to wait until all the 'bugs" are worked out before I invest in a new car. For now, my wife and I will be enjoying our comfortable, reliable, safe 2012 Honda CR-V as many others have experienced. High mileage does not concern me on this Honda as it would on many other vehicles....

First and Last Honda
By mrbrown3

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Rear Entertainment (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Disappointed after 1.5 months of ownership! Traded in a 07 4runner and took a huge step down. The vehicle is quite on smooth roads but try some rougher pavement and the noise is clear. Bought this thing for gas mileage and I'm averaging 22.4. Not even close to advertised. Test drive one at night on a dark road out of the city and check out the high beams. Headlights are Horrible! Mine has some issue with the electrical system. My lights almost blink off when I come to an idle. Hope it does decent in the snow! It sounds and feels cheap! I don't have enough room to talk about the dealer. I put up with a bad dealer to buy into a quality, great gas mileage car and man did I get burned!!!

My little girl loves the rear entertainment! Wife loves the heated seats. Nice looking design. I hope they put the money into safety devices that I can't see, so safety.

MPG! Headlights! Electrical system! Rear air conditioning ducts. More sound dampening.

Love this CRV - right on GAS too!
By granyjany

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Rear Entertainment (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Had my CRV just 3 days now and love it!
My first fill up showed me getting 29 mpg.. I honestly expect more once the car has a chance to build an average. It handles well in the curves and it has so many toys on it! Maybe one of the coolest things is the way i can flip those back seats down with one finger! A great value for just shy of $30K !!

2012 CR-V EX-L is superb...
By pvachon

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Rear Entertainment (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After 4 weeks and 4000 miles, I have to say that I am truly impressed with this vehicle. It has met or exceeded every expectation I have had about both a Honda and the CR-V line.
The ‘car’ is well put together both inside and out, with function-by-design throughout. The ride is smooth and quiet, the acceleration is totally fine and the braking is excellent. The model I purchased has AWD and I have used it in snow a few times and found it to be excellent. Keeps totally control during wheel slippage and remains sure-footed in deep snow. Really confidence building when carrying the family through bad weather. This has proven to be an excellent choice and a very strong love affair with my car.

AWD is awesome. Really works at low and high speeds. Heat comes on fast even when cold and the dashboard is beautiful to look at day and night.