Used 2012 Honda CR-V EX-L Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Honda Denying Electrical Problem
By Enrico T Bruschi

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Despite overwhelming evidence of an electrical system issue causing the cars battery to die a slow death between two and three years, including a recall to address the software causing the problem, Honda will not do the right thing and replace the battery that their design destroyed. I have never had to replace a battery in a new car at 33 months. I am finding this is Honda's typical approach to problems - denial until forced otherwise by the government. Ridiculous. This was my very first Honda, and possibly my last. It's not that I hate the car, but I definitely did not observe the reliability I had heard about do much.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling and size.

Suggested Improvements

Own up to technical problems and stop sticking it to customers that bought your vehicle. Be more accurate with expected gas mileage. Consider making it a six speed.

I'm a Honda Convert
By rudismom523

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After listening to my mechanic husband constantly moan and complain abt working on my Jeep Grand Cherokee and seeing both my kids drive their used Hondas for well over 100,000 miles with little or no problems, I gave in and bought the Honda CRV. I have to admit..I love it !!! I test drove many other vehicles in the same class and no one comes close to Honda for standard options, reliability and price for what you get. I got mine in the Urban Titanium Metallic and black leather interior and it is VERY sharp looking. I get many compliments on the color. The thing I appreciate the most is the handling, very tight steering, the ride is smooth, big open windshield, gas mileage is great !!

Favorite Features

Rear backup camera once I got used to it, very user friendly dash and driver compartment.Lots of little storage niches. Flat back seat floor. Lower cargo space height (LOVE). Ease of folding rear seats. Love my heated seats. Pretty much love everything about it...oh right the GAS mileage after driving a Jeep is heaven.

Suggested Improvements

Can't really think of anything more I need or want in a car. Great Purchase !!

Love this car much more than expected
By ernie29

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had a lease coming due on a BMW328xi coupe. I thought the crv would be economical and practical but I never dreamed I would love the car, but I do. You get so much for your money. The fuel economy is amazing (getting 31.5 in Econ mode during my first 150 miles/2days of driving the car). The features are great, love the Bluetooth and Pandora streaming...you can even access your Pandora channels and do the like dislike on the imid screen. only complaints are iPhone is unsupported on USB (isn't this the most popular phone?) and wiper blade inserts suck but that's an easy fix. So much easier to load this car up than BMW's pricey options! Recommend body side moldings. Look great!

Favorite Features

Pandora streaming, Econ mode and ability to tell whether you are driving efficiently. I'm relearning how to push on the gas without wasting fuel. On screen fuel consumption is great, I'm obsessed with getting that number as high as possible!

Suggested Improvements

Add iPhone to supported USB devices, fix issue with iPhone constantly connecting and disconnecting to Bluetooth, and better wiper blades. Comfort access, push button start, automatic lift gate, and rain sensing wipers.

Very Satisfied
By cwbarrett

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased a white ex-l 3 weeks ago. I'm getting about 27 mpg. I haven't established the value in the eco feature yet. That aside, the car is comfortable and I know I won't have any major repairs for several years. It handles very well. I like how honda simplifies the options. I would like to do a dna test to see if this is really leather. As a four cylinder it gets all it can out of it. I think I would prefer a six but the four will do. Sound system is ok but I have a 9 year old highlander with JBL that sounds better. I wish I had bought this years ago instead of a different AWD that uses a boxer engine.

Favorite Features

Handling, comfort, space, and hopefully reliability. All controls for radio and environment are very easy to use. looks great too.

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade the leather. Offer a 6 cylinder. Improve the sound system. Reduce road noise.

Best Honda yet!!
By molly090406

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just picked up my 2012 CRV-EX-L from the dealer and I love it!! What a fun vehicle and practical as well. I was surprised how "zippy" the car is when pulling out from an intersection or getting up to speed to flow with traffic. Getting about 27 mpg combined highway/city, but that's according to the mpg indicator. I'll find out how good it is when a do several fill-ups and calculate the mpg based on calculating the gallons/miles on a calculator. There's nothing I don't like, except for it takes time to get used to the XM radio and all the settings.

Favorite Features

Design, power for a 4-cylinder, solid feel. gas mileage, drive-ability.

Suggested Improvements

None....other than give us the turbo diesel option if there was one.