2012 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
I'm a Honda Convert
By rudismom523 on 01/12/13 09:15 AM (PST)

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After listening to my mechanic husband constantly moan and complain abt working on my Jeep Grand Cherokee and seeing both my kids drive their used Hondas for well over 100,000 miles with little or no problems, I gave in and bought the Honda CRV. I have to admit..I love it !!! I test drove many other vehicles in the same class and no one comes close to Honda for standard options, reliability and price for what you get. I got mine in the Urban Titanium Metallic and black leather interior and it is VERY sharp looking. I get many compliments on the color. The thing I appreciate the most is the handling, very tight steering, the ride is smooth, big open windshield, gas mileage is great !!

Love this car much more than expected
By ernie29 on 07/29/12 03:49 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had a lease coming due on a BMW328xi coupe. I thought the crv would be economical and practical but I never dreamed I would love the car, but I do. You get so much for your money. The fuel economy is amazing (getting 31.5 in Econ mode during my first 150 miles/2days of driving the car). The features are great, love the Bluetooth and Pandora streaming...you can even access your Pandora channels and do the like dislike on the imid screen. only complaints are iPhone is unsupported on USB (isn't this the most popular phone?) and wiper blade inserts suck but that's an easy fix. So much easier to load this car up than BMW's pricey options! Recommend body side moldings. Look great!

Very Satisfied
By cwbarrett on 07/12/12 13:01 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased a white ex-l 3 weeks ago. I'm getting about 27 mpg. I haven't established the value in the eco feature yet. That aside, the car is comfortable and I know I won't have any major repairs for several years. It handles very well. I like how honda simplifies the options. I would like to do a dna test to see if this is really leather. As a four cylinder it gets all it can out of it. I think I would prefer a six but the four will do. Sound system is ok but I have a 9 year old highlander with JBL that sounds better. I wish I had bought this years ago instead of a different AWD that uses a boxer engine.

Best Honda yet!!
By molly090406 on 07/08/12 04:53 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just picked up my 2012 CRV-EX-L from the dealer and I love it!! What a fun vehicle and practical as well. I was surprised how "zippy" the car is when pulling out from an intersection or getting up to speed to flow with traffic. Getting about 27 mpg combined highway/city, but that's according to the mpg indicator. I'll find out how good it is when a do several fill-ups and calculate the mpg based on calculating the gallons/miles on a calculator. There's nothing I don't like, except for it takes time to get used to the XM radio and all the settings.

Can't go wrong with this CR-V
By shadow303 on 06/01/12 21:16 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After deciding that it was finally time to quit repairing older cars and just invest in something new, I researched, drove, looked at, and considered just about every manufacturer in the compact SUV market, and the choice was the 2012 CR-V EX-L, (no nav). This drives like a car, turns on a dime, well, maybe a nickel..but incredible turning radius, the inside is ridiculously roomy, and the dash and controls are laid out in a simplistic and easy to use manner. It's still less than a month old, so I will try to update any issues again later. Go drive one, go drive the competition, and see for yourself. The ultimate review? After owning one for two weeks, I bought a second one. It's that fun.

lovin the new 2012 Honda cr-v ex-l awd
By bbhondaguy on 04/19/12 10:34 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am not affiliated with Honda, I just buy them. This Honda is stellar in every aspect. I traded in my 2008 crv lx, which I liked also, very good quality. This redsigned crossover is so nice and if you are thinking of buying one...go for it! If you can opt for the the ex-L I recommend going with this one. It will not disappoint. People that say Honda needs to put a 6 speed tranny and 6 cyl in these are nuts! This 4 cyl. has more HP than previous models and better gas mileage. Stellar performance and reliability is what consumers want and it's what Honda delivers in all of the their vehicles. You cannot go wrong with the 2012 crv or any Honda new or used!

Great SUV, but underpowered
By jhesselbein on 04/18/12 12:06 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The 2012 CR-V has a lot to offer. Ergonomically, it is very practical - everything is within the driver's reach, including climate controls, radio controls (which are redundant on the steering wheel), bluetooth, etc. The instrument cluster is a fresh design and its fuel economy is certainly respectable for a small SUV (I average about 26-29 depending on type of driving: city v. highway). There is ample room in the rear seats for average-sixed adults. The powertrain operates very smoothly and the vehicle, overall, have a very car-like driving demeanor.

Great car
By llorcan on 02/19/12 00:52 AM (PST)

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my CRV about a week ago from a broker and I love it. I got the urban titanium color and it is really cute. The car with the color and options I wanted at the price I was looking for was hard to find since its such a new model, so I went thru a car broker. I had to pay a $300 fee upfront but they found the exact car I was looking for (on a boat still being shipped over) and negotiated an amazing deal with the dealer. I got it for $300 over invoice. I love all the features except for two that I can think of off hand. The parking brake is set too low so it sometimes hits my left shin depending on how I'm sitting. It also doesn't sync well enough with my iPhone to play music.

An even better CR-V
By bongo1945 on 02/12/12 18:09 PM (PST)

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 4 th new CRV.since 2005. I got hooked on them with the first. Bought a new 97 because of the newer body style, then again in 2010 because I never keep a car over 3 years. I loved my 05 and 07 . Bought a 2010 and wad disappointed in it from the get-go. No power,rode rough, just didn't mister up. Took it in to my dealer to have a software recall completed and walked out with a new 2012. I have had it only 2 weeks and about 1500 miles bunt the love affair has started again. What a great car. Lots of new improvements. I'm a sucker for creature comforts hence the EX-L fits my needs. Love the new dash design with new Bluetooth feature, great audio and just plain easy controls.

Awesome 2012 CRV
By rnwong on 02/01/12 17:58 PM (PST)

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We owned a 2003 CRV EX for 9 years and traded in for a 2012 EXL AWD. To begin with, the trade in price is amazing. We got 30% back after 9 year!! Honda Power. We got this black EXL in mid-Jan for $200 above invoice price and can't be any happier. This car is stylish, roomy, functional and easy to drive. My wife doesn't care too much about cars but now is in love with this car. It offers so so much more than our old CRV. At the end, it drives really well and with some power. Not too much, just enough for a small family car. It's now also quieter and feels more upscale. Gas mileage isn't great yet, but winter mileage is usually lower. Highly recommended.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda CR-V in VA is:

$126 per month*