Used 2012 Honda CR-V EX-L Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

2012 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Great car - love it!
By David Hannon

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

CRV is a great car. Lovely finish, very comfortable.
All good things to say

OK, but features not up to high price
By jenson23

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

A bit disappointed after reading so many stellar reviews.

Lots of blind spots. Doors come up higher than my older cars (can't easily rest my arm on windowsill); probably for better safety, but that makes it very hard to see the 4 corners of the car, or see potholes by front passenger side, or see where the driveway edges are when I'm backing up.

Also very disappointed at the lack of lights. No light in glove box! No lights anywhere on outside door or mirror. When I open the door on a dark street at night, other cars can't see that it's open! Very dangerous.

Worst is getting in car at night and can't see button to quickly lock door, and have to feel / fumbling w/ key!

Love all the little compartments to store items, and the big console bin with sliding cover. Leather seats are really nice; smooth but not cold & slippery like some (tho wish the power seats could tilt down more - front edge of seat too high & cuts off circulation at thighs.) Doors stay open just where you want them when in a parking lot (so you don't bump another parked car) and then close easily with a nice solid "thud"! Perky acceleration. Seat belts not too tight. Roomy for driver & passengers. Like the high-power front window defrost button, but wish you could do both front and side windows at the same time -have to keep switching between vent & defrost buttons.

1. Need A/C vent in back seat. 2. Need grab bar between windshield & door on passenger side. Overhead one too high for some people. 3. Bring back double glove box & make it easier for driver to open. 4. Change shift handle from thumb to easier 4 finger "pull up" for people with arthritis/other issues. 5. Allow reg. headlights to stay ON when high beams on. 6. Add option to turn OFF daytime lights to save battery. 7. Need door locks & ignition brightly lit when entering car. Need lights on door panels & outer mirrors. 8. Add curve to bottom of backup mirrors so can see parking lines. 9. Shade visor TOO small. Plus need extra ones for side windows. 10. Hate radio & climate controls.

Don't buy a Honda CR-V
By dfdinnc

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The battery does not charge and Honda cannot fix the problem.
We bought this car new because I wanted my wife to have reliable transportation. It has failed to start 8 times in 18 months.
The dealer seems to have given up fixing it.
I will pursue compensation under our state lemon law and someone should start a class action lawsuit against Honda.

Make a car that charges the battery.

Great family car
By bandit911

We have made 2
long trips along with the normal day-to-day driving. This is a near perfect car for us. While there is only 2 of us, we many times have 5 people in the the car. Everyone is comfortable in this car. Rear view camera turns out to be a nice convenience. The big disappointment is the rear hatch. Once it is open it is very difficult to close. There is not an option for an electric closer. You must reach fairly high in the air to grab the open door and if you have any type of shoulder or arm problem (I do) then you can not close the hatch. A car like this should have an electric closer. This is a big oversight.

Reliable, comfortable car. Can seat 5 or fold down the rear seats and pile in the cargo.

The big disappointment is the rear hatch. Once it is open it is very difficult to close. There is not an option for an electric closer. You must reach fairly high in the air to grab the open door and if you have any type of shoulder or arm problem (I do) then you can not close the hatch. A strap hanging down from the rear hatch would be the minimum improvement but a car like this should have an electric closer. This is a big oversight on Honda’s part.

First Honda, now 6 mo. old
By janemy

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Honda and I love it.
I test drove a lot of cars 6 months ago and narrowed it down to 2, the CRV and the equinox.
I'd driven the Equinox on a long road trip so I knew well how it handled.
I ended up with the Honda as it felt better sitting inside, more open.
Also, I loved that it had more cargo room.
After 6 mo. of driving I'm still extremely happy with the car.
I have 15,000 mi on it so far, and no issues.
I drive both city, highway and mountains.
I average between 28 - 31 mpg driving about 70 mph.
Less if I'm doing street driving only (22 - 24).
My 6'2" husband can sit and drive comfortably.

Rear camera, Satelitte radio, sit high, hands free sounds good, good gas milage. fairly quiet, cargo room

Front coffee cup holds placed hire, not near the car seat heater buttons Always hot accessory adapter. My old Malibue had one and I miss it. Automatic rear hatch lifter. Can unlock but it doesn't autolift.