Used 2012 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

love my CR/V
By rodney musgrove

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

car great for my purposes
By George Goodman

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

rear differential fluid needs to be changed much more than manual says accord to dealers . Had this vehicle and a 2004 one and had a problem with that one. The 2004 got me thru 24 " snow blizzard about 50 miles did it in a little over 11/4 hrs. blinded and just about no one on road. That had gr. clearence of 8" or more I believe this one ha s less. Always bought american now will never go back although some amer. has improved. wife is handicapped and get into other vehicle s too high to law cheap interiors or you name it . the short of it great car reliable will go thru anything I put it thru without a problem. hadn't severe snow but a few times. went over a few miles op iced up roadwys full of holes thoght ws never going to get out of it without breaking car came out unscathed.

Excellent and reliable
By A. E.

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We Still Love Our CR-V even after 75,000 miles
By jeff gray

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Rear Entertainment (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I still love our Honda CR-V even after 79,490 miles. Safety, reliability, comfort, and style are all features we enjoy with this car not to mention the great visibility this car has. We leased this car new in 2012 and then purchased the car in 2015 which helped avoid $4000 in over mileage fees. Considering we are also a Subaru family (both of our children drive Subarus) , we recently looked into trading in our CR-V for a 2016 Outback. After test driving the Outback, we decided to keep our 2012 CR-V and plan on keeping it well beyond the 100,000 mile mark. Surprisingly......we are still on our original brakes with nearly 40% left on the brake pads which is a good indicator of how many highway miles this car has been driven". Our car has all suggested maintenance as indicated on the Maintenance Minder done at our local Honda garage. WE ARE VERY HAPPY to have the current CONVENTIONAL AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION rather than the newer CVT transmission on some of the newer Honda CR-V models. Both the Subaru Outback and the Honda CR-V has had issues with CVT transmissions..... with the Outback having a delay of the transmission when placed in reverse. While I believe CVT is or will be great technology in both the Honda CR-V and the Subaru Outback.....I prefer to wait until all the 'bugs" are worked out before I invest in a new car. For now, my wife and I will be enjoying our comfortable, reliable, safe 2012 Honda CR-V as many others have experienced. High mileage does not concern me on this Honda as it would on many other vehicles....

C-RV for You and Me
By David

2012 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have nothing but praise for this vehicle. The only things we would like to see improved is the keyless remote and the road noise. You need to be very close to the car for it to work and the road noise is very loud.