Road Warrier
By baba2cj on
2011 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I bought my CR-V two months ago and use it for my company car. I travel 1000 miles (NC, SC and GA) a week. I am 6'1 and a little over 200lbs. I do own two other Honda's (05 Pilot 190k miles, and 07 Accord 120k) so I may be a little biased. The CR-V is the best automobile I have ever owned for my use. The power is more than adequate. I am averaging 27.2 miles a gallon over 6k miles so far. The initial seat comfort is a little harsh but, within a month of driving regularly, has softened. The steering is dead on and tight. I haven't felt any of the "vibrations" I read about in other reviews. Maybe I've just been lucky but I have never had an issue with my Honda's.
Favorite Features
Very roomy; love the moon roof; relatively short wheelbase translates to a very easy to park and drive ride. The AWD coupled with the VSA with traction control make high speed exits off expressways a lot less nerve racking. Excellent handling. No real blind spots anywhere. I carry catalogs, samples and three soft sided bags when I travel. The samples and catalogs fit perfectly under the back shelf. the travel bags on the back seat and the rest of the cabin for me. Makes travel a breeze.
Suggested Improvements
Only one...please offer a five or six speed manual transmission. I would even be willing to wait the time to have it built...
By ronnied
on 03/08/11 14:45 PM (PST)

I have had my CR-V with leather seats for 4 months and find the seatback on the drivers seat the most uncomfortable ever. The back is too narrow and jabs me in the right ribs. I am not that big so I don't think that is the problem. I think it is the airbag built into the side of the seat. Is this just me or have other people had the same problem?