2011 CRV SE - 175 Miles - Power Steering Out
By faye7 on
2011 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I cannot describe my disappointment. At 175 miles, the Power Steering went out and car is at the dealer waiting for parts. It has other noises yet to be determined, excluding wind noise. I expect more from a new car and especially from Honda. This is unacceptable and a reflection of Honda's Quality Control Department. I had no problems with my 2003 CRV so I purchased another one solely for the reliability even though I liked another car better. It certainly has failed my reliability expectation. This 2011 CRV can not compare to the 2003 CRV build quality/reliability. Honda has issues and I have lost confidence. I seriously regret buying this 2011 CRV and wish I had kept my 2003 CRV.
Suggested Improvements
Improve inspections by the Quality Control Department. Improve engineering quality and reliability.
By faye7
on 08/05/11 09:09 AM (PDT)

Update on my 2011 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV (2.4L cyl 5A) At 319 miles the Power Steering Fluid leaked out again to 1/2 inch below the bottom line. Dealer has no bulletin on problem and cannot find reason for leak.

By waltchan
on 12/07/11 15:27 PM (PST)

Sounds like your 2011 CR-V is a lemon, and you got the one that was produced in US than in Japan, previously with your 2003.