Broken Engine Bolts
By johnl123 on
2011 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I have a Honda Crv SE with 5000 miles and only 5 months old. While driving a few days ago 2 engines bolts broke. Luckily I was not killed. The Go Honda dealer in Westminster , CO said it could be fixed and he cannot let me break the lease because he would loose money and he would go out of business if everybody could just return cars. My car is not a lemon. I would have to have 5 similar occurrences, The managers name is Eric. I am supposed to drive this car with my 2 grandchildren, no way in hell. The staff at the dealership are rude, insensitive to say the least, including the overall manager Matt Hall. Honda needs to recall this model before someone is killed.
By mad_as_hell
on 12/03/11 01:43 AM (PST)

I own a 2009 Honda CRV with 40.000 km (approx 26k MIles) on the clock and the engine mounting bolts just sheared straight off. We are very lucky that we are alive to write this post as the engine dropped through the bay. Honda though, despite risking our lives, is trying to screw us by saying it is not covered under warranty. We are disgusted and outraged that Honda Australia is refusing to cover us for a major defect in their car, that is life threatening and obviously a design flaw They have a severe issue with the curent CRV model and are refusing to accept responsibility. The previous post is clearly not an independent poster and has some skin in this game as we also own an Accord and expected a great deal better from the manufacturer. Honda Australia informed us (obviously incorrectly) that this issue has never occurred before and must be due to misue as they use robots to assemble vehicles and robots are incapable of making mistakes. I highly recommend anyone who values the safety of their family to not purchase a Honda CRV of any curent model. Please forward this to anyone you feel may be impacted if this were to occur to them.

By adansereau
on 09/10/11 04:57 AM (PDT)

Wow we are all glad you were not injured, what did it do ?? After owning many hondas and now a new Civic and CRV with 12,000 miles we have had no problems and are happy with our choices. If they fix it properly there should be no more problems and any car made could have a problem. Did this problem merit your giving it a one star in every catergory ? I see you are made as heck but give them a chance and chill you have a quality suv beleive me.