2011 Honda CR-V 2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - BEWARE-Rear view window has poor

2011 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic)

BEWARE-Rear view window has poor visibility
By dljon on

2011 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

If there's someone short standing behind the vehicle, you will not be able to see them because the rear view window leaves a huge blind spot. I bought this car solely because of safety features, not realizing this problem. Definitely recommend a back up camera even though I never needed one in past vehicles. Also, the gas mileage is no where near as good as it should be. Still love the car as it's very comfortable to sit in with good lower back support. The car also handles perfectly. The AWD handles beautifully in the snow and ice. I would have not made it through this winter without these features! I would recommend this car 100% if the owner got a back up camera.

Favorite Features

steering, traction control, comfort, large clearance between road and car, AWD

Suggested Improvements

Rear view window needs to go lower, better gas mileage, conversation mirror could be a little bigger too
By bpic
on 08/24/11 15:14 PM (PDT)

We have a 2008 Honda CRV; I'll assume the size and dimensions of the 2008 and 2011 are about the same. I ALWAYS check my side mirrors and rear view mirror for anyone standing behind my vehicle. There was a lady standing bechind my car, and I swear, I did not see her. She was standing perfectly in the blind spot and could not be seen by me. Thank God I slowly backed up and just bumped her. She was not hurt. But man, where was she?