2011 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: Best Bang for the buck

2011 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Best Bang for the buck
By jlemoine on

2011 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After months of research I finally narrowed our choice down to the CRV or the Rav4. Test drove both 3 times and found both suvs competent but overall I thought the CRV was superior. First, all the talk about power, all you hear is the CRV is underpowered compared to competitors like the RAV4, Bull!! The reviewers even Edmunds compares the CRV to the 6 cyl RAV4 but when compared to the 4cyl version the crv holds its own and then some. The rav4's sold are 85% 4 cylinders!! Come on reviews be fair! I find the crv's power just fine. I'm 6'2:" and 275 lbs and find the driving area comfortable and best of all the CRV is fun to drive! Honda quality is 2nd to none

Gage package

Satellite radio in ALL models
By bostondaddy
on 02/29/12 08:30 AM (PST)

I do like our CRV 2011 but since the recall our mileage dropped mpg 22.9 mpg, and I've always felt the lack of power was a compromise.

By cynthia713
on 01/19/11 22:57 PM (PST)

Thanks for the honest feedback! The more I read, the more I think I am leaning towards buying the V6 RAV4. I have test driven the 4 cylinder for both the CR-V and RAV4 (wanting to compare "apples to apples"). I also test drove the V6's for both (Again, wanting to compare "apples to apples"). So, due to power, wind noise, etc. with the CR-V, I think the RAV4 may be the winner for me. Thanks again!

By kokomoboy
on 12/29/10 01:26 AM (PST)

I just finished a road trip in my new 2011 cr-v...the highway mileage was a dissapointing 23.9. My last suv was a 2009 rav4 v6 and it routinely got 26 mpg on the same 600 mile trip. The cr-v engine performance is sluggish compared to the rav4 and the slow acceleration can be perilous in certain situations. The wind noise is more noticeable in the cr-v.