A nicely appointed & very practical SUV
By vdp on
2011 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
After searching for a compact SUV that would fit our needs as a young family (namely, plenty of rear seating and cargo space), we eventually settled for the CR-V. Despite being one of the older models in the market, its specs are still tough to beat. Slicker models such as the Tucson, Tiguan simply offer too little cargo space. Rear visibility is also not as good. The CR-Vs interior also looks upscale, unlike the RAV4. My complaints so far include lack of storage space in the front, weak acceleration, and lackluster fuel economy (I have been averaging about 21mpg). The navigation maps also look dated (reminds me of Windows 3.1 from the early 90s), and don't pronounce street names.
Favorite Features
Cargo space, rear leg room, reclining rear seats, cargo cover that doubles as shelf space, nicely appointed cabin, visibility
Suggested Improvements
Better acceleration, better fuel economy, more front storage space, better navigation interface, multi-language support on music display.
By vegasSNOWS
on 08/11/11 22:14 PM (PDT)

I also own a CRV and let me tell you. When I first got it the gas mileage was really nasty. Then, as I drove it on trips it got alot better. Well, I tried a higher octane instead of the cheapo. Boy am I surprised on how much better the gas mileage has gotten. I get 24 MPG average between city and highway. I drive in the Twin Falls, Idaho area, I love my CRV it has been just wonderful. I did a lot of shopping to come up with this jewel.