2011 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: A good car, not great.

2011 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Review

A good car, not great.
By g35twilight on

2011 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

6500 miles on the odo. Made it through our first northern Idaho winter with no problems. With winter tires we were able to get around almost as if there was no snow or ice on the roads. Gas mileage has been acceptable but not great, averaging 20mpg in mostly town driving. Other than the winter performance, I find it difficult to get very fired up about this car. The transmission shifts up and down abruptly, the interior is noisy and as mentioned below, the headlights are terrible. We've also had some issues with the sunroof refusing to close. I have no doubt the car will start every time and get me where I need to go but some details need to be addressed.

Clear Gauges, intuitive controls/button layout, supportive seats, good in the snow

Needs another gear. The headlights are terrible (dim and not enough "throw" even on high-beam)and it irritates me to no end that the CRV is available in other markets with HID headlights. Gas mileage ought to be better given the relatively low power output. The new RDX with almost 100 more hp is epa rated at almost the same mileage. More attention to detail during assembly.
By g35twilight
on 07/05/12 17:14 PM (PDT)

Update regarding my concerns with the headlight output. I'm not sure if can mention brand names so I won't but the CRV comes with German made bulbs. I upgraded to the top of the line of the same brand and am pleased with the results. It made a significant difference.