Used 2011 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Crash Worthiness
By patrece

2011 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

3K miles on the CRV and someone crossed a double yellow line and my daughter hit head on into them. The CRV saved her life. It has a five star crash rating and traveling at speed of 45/47 mph....she walked away without any injury. Air bags activated, seal belts and the headrest protected her. No matter what minor problems a car may have, nothing matters more than a well built car that will sustain an impact and have the occupants walk away!

Favorite Features

Handles well and safety features.

Suggested Improvements

BlueTooth

Smart Choice
By bluesmaster1

2011 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had the CRV for 6 months and it does everything well. It is practical, comfortable, quiet, and relatively efficient. Very easy to load and unload cargo, and holds plenty of gear with the seats up or down. Lots of head room, and the rear seats recline. My biggest complaint is lack of power, but it's no too bad. It handles, rides and stops well. A 6 or more speed transmission would help. The tight turning radius makes it easy to park. The navigation, bluetooth, I-pod integration and stereo are excellent and easy to use. The seats are comfortable and well heated. No rattles or problems at all -- very high quality.

Favorite Features

Navigation, cargo loading, handling.

Suggested Improvements

More power, needs 6 or 7 speed transmission.

Honda CRV AWD 2011
By mazkaz

2011 Honda CR-V SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Researched for months, was concerned by reports of lack of power and excessive road noise. Test drove 3 CRVs; the 3rd was so quiet and fun to drive (shod with the much criticised Continental tires), both in town and on the highway. Remarkable, considering some negative reviews. No hesitation buying this CRV -- replaced my aging faithful V6 Odyssey minivan. Fuel economy of 25 mpg so far in mixed 70:30 town:highway driving, but I do have a light foot. Very pleased.

Favorite Features

Pro's: Quiet, smooth ride on all but roughest surfaces (don't know why some report excessive road noise but I have heard it's due to rear end misalignment); fun to drive; feels solid and well built; transmission shifts smoothly; engine revs when needed but not intrusive; because the engine revs ~2,000 rpm @ 70 mph it's a comfortable highway cruiser; seats v comfortable and well supported; love the precision steering and firm but muted suspension. What's all the fuss about power? There is plenty of umph, be it in town or on the highway (I heard Honda had a TSB in December 2010 to reprogram the master computer which resolved the power/hesitancy previously reported -- seems to have worked!!

Suggested Improvements

Would like a full size spare -- few makers supply this today; managed to squeeze a full size in the original well as described in the CRV owner's forum Manual shift should be available No real complaints, just "wants"

180 miles in ... so far... OK.. slightly pricier than competition
By ambitiousone

2011 Honda CR-V SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I recently bought a 2011 CR-V SE AWD. For family and economical reasons, it seem to fit the bill and better than it's competition. Beware of what want though. Some items you might want are only available in the top of the line model - EX/EX-L. Very disappointing that (although easier for consumers in a simplified menu), the trim packages are inflexible. You can only get bluetooth with Navigation, and Navigation is only available on the EX-L model. You don't even get the storage shelf in the back with LX/SE models. It definitely is down on power. But that is a little unfair as I'm coming from a 2007 S2000. At least my SE has 6-cds, and can play MP3s.

Favorite Features

SE's stereo is 6-cd and can play MP3. There is even a earphone connector for my mp3 players to save me from having to burn some mp3 songs in a CD. I like that the center tray can be lowered, but I wonder how much weight that can hold. For example, if a big person used it to push off. instrument cluster (speedo, tach, etc.) is simple and easy. but i prefer an analog temperature meter. Kind of odd they have a button for D3 (3rd gear) instead of just having it on the tranny shifter. So if I need to manually select 3rd gear, I have to push that button. Many compartments. Some a little small and seems like CR-V engineers wanted to make use of small pockets if space.

Suggested Improvements

Make the shelf cargo tray for the EX available at least as an option for LX/SE model. And jeez, don't price it like it's such a big thing! (like $300-$400!). Make the center console for EX available for the lower trim models. Though I like the ability to raise/lower the center tray, I'd probably just prefer to have the storage compartment of the EX trim. No HID????? or at least projector lamps? very disappointed coming from a S2000 that had HID. So far, I cannot find a remote trunk release. So I have to press the remote to unlock everything to unlock the trunk door? maybe it's just hidden somewhere. Rear center seatbelt not intuitive at all!

Practical and pretty and fun to drive
By kellyferg

2011 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We love our new CRV and feel we made an economical choice but got a fun car to drive.

Favorite Features

Lots of head and leg room, especially in the back seat. Fold-down back seat so we can carry skis or other long, large items. Good amount of cargo space. Has great pick-up and goes; it's really fun to drive! Outside design is attractive. We love the great gas mileage compared to the bigger SUVs.

Suggested Improvements

The front driver's seat is not that comfortable for me (but I'm petite: 5'4"); it would be great to have more sophisticated seat-moving apparatus. It would be nice to have the lights automatically go off, as I sometimes forget to turn them off when I stop the engine.