Used 2011 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

new crv
By yankeefan56

2011 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

my wife and i went out on labor day to buy a new suv...we both liked the nissan rogue,but after driving the honda crv...it was a done deal...the vehicle is fun,roomy,4 wheel drive ...while this car only has 175 miles on it...will keep you guys posted,but so far...excellent

Great vehicle for small family
By 06roadking

2011 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in a Chevy Traverse - too much vehicle and $$ at the gas pump.
City, highway and combined driving haven't disappointed - just returned from a trip traveling over 1200 miles.
This is a smaller vehicle than I've owned in the past, with some great features and performance you'd expect with a 4-cylinder.
It is extremely comfortable to drive - I am 6'3".
Plenty of room for luggage too.
Cabin noise is average on smoothly paved roads, and below average on rougher surfaces.
Overall, we're extremely pleased with our purchase and would recommend this vehicle to someone(s) in the market for a small family vehicle.

- Interior design and layout is very comfortable for driving. - Gas mileage is exactly what we were looking for: averaged as high as 34 on highway / interstate and average 24 combined. Computer average is very close to what we manually tracked. - Hands-free commands for practically every aspect of operating the vehicle took some getting used to, but works well. - Rear cargo area looks smaller than it actually is - plenty of room for a family of 3 (toddler) to travel cross country - Electronic display and navigation are well designed and easy to use

Overall we're extremely satisfied with the vehicle, but wish there were a few modifications: - Do not buy the remote starter - not worth the $$. You have to - Cup holders in the front are awkward to use with the arm rests. - 6 disc CD changer... should be additional storage space. - Bluetooth commands are not user friendly. - Engine struggles through mountains (east coast).

Tried Subarus, Toyotas and went back to Honda
By fnc119

2011 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a new 2009 Outback Ltd for my wife for Mother's Day 2009. It was good car just not comfortable comfortable. After 18 months my wife asked me to to get her something different.
I suggested an RX350, a Highlander or a Pilot.
She said she wanted something smaller so I did some research went to the local Honda dealer and he made me an offer that was too good to be true on a 2011 CRV EX-L. My wife fell in love with it, so did our daughter inlaw and daughter along with their husbands.
Both girls got CRVs within two months of my wife. The entire family made the switch within the past year from Toyotas, SAABs and VWs to Honda.

SEATS & CARGO Are Disappointing
By kirbyfred

2011 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Leather seats here are a joke- look and feel like vinyl, v. lo quality; "leatherette" maybe? And sides and back of seats are clearly vinyl, leather is seating area only- cheaply done.
Heated seats work poorly, v. disappointing.
Leather and heat in my old BMW 325 seats are far superior- - Honda blew it here, and the "leather"/heated seats are clearly not worth the extra cost for upgrade.

Cargo: rear seats do not fold forward far enuff; they leave 6" of dead space between front and back seat area- -
my skinny road bike does not fit well in here.
Would be nice if rear seats could be removed & reinserted easily.

Automatic All temp dual heating/cooling system is nice. Stereo upgrade is decent.

More nooks for carrying stuff in console area; Improved heat coils in heated seats; Decent quality leather in seats, and more of it. Better designed cargo space- more hooks and tie downs; removable rear seats, or at least seats that fold flush to floor or flush to the front seat backs- too much wasted spacein cargo area. Overall, Honda really disappointed me with their top-of-the line CRV-EX-L- - left sour taste; Honda can do better, for the price they charge on this car.

Hope you too don't get stranded. . .
By cobragolfer74

2011 Honda CR-V SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was sooo happy to get into this crossover! This vehicle is my 2nd best car I've ever had. (G6 was #1). However. . . Be aware that rear differentials might not be sealed like they should be. I had about 7000 miles on it when it felt like a flat tire. My son and I were stranded on the side of an interstate for 2hrs. 2 days later I found out that my new CR-V had thrown a differential gear due to lack of differential fluid! Now why would anyone need to by a Honda insurance plan for a NEW car? Little did I know that I would need it at 7000 miles. If you buy a new one, make sure there is a full differential inspection. You will definitely thank yourself if you do.

Quite drive. Excellent sound system(needs some more bass though). Cool styling. Excellent traction in the snow too.

Needs some more horsepower. Needs better gas mileage. (My 6cyl Odyssey gets 26-29mpg on highway)