2011 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Dissappointment
By kokomoboy on 12/29/10 02:02 AM (PST)

2011 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Poor acceleration, poor highway mileage and annoying wind noise.

Best Bang for the buck
By jlemoine on 12/21/10 01:51 AM (PST)

2011 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After months of research I finally narrowed our choice down to the CRV or the Rav4. Test drove both 3 times and found both suvs competent but overall I thought the CRV was superior. First, all the talk about power, all you hear is the CRV is underpowered compared to competitors like the RAV4, Bull!! The reviewers even Edmunds compares the CRV to the 6 cyl RAV4 but when compared to the 4cyl version the crv holds its own and then some. The rav4's sold are 85% 4 cylinders!! Come on reviews be fair! I find the crv's power just fine. I'm 6'2:" and 275 lbs and find the driving area comfortable and best of all the CRV is fun to drive! Honda quality is 2nd to none

Nice car to own
By whkg on 12/19/10 11:48 AM (PST)

2011 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Before I buy CRV, I read some of negative review about this car. I had similar feeling while I test drive. 1. Not able to pick up to 60 MPH 2. Engine wind noise But after I compare some other cars, I am glad I bought the car. I found it is not bad when you pick up. And most small car has similar wind issue. For the price, value of the and build in features, I think this is a nice car to own.

Great car but LOW TECH!!!
By damjadi on 12/19/10 04:49 AM (PST)

2011 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Honda has some great lease deals (probably because of the low depreciation). The CRV has a car-like ride, tons of leg and head room and very comfortable seats. It is well designed and very flexible. It has an amazing turn radius and no major blindspots. The gas mileage is a little less desirable and the road noise is rather noticeable as is the idle. My biggest pet peeve is the lack of features standard in most other vehicles' base models. To get bluetooth and iPod connections you have to get the EX-L with navigation, meaning an extra $3000. We got the SE for the larger, safer tire package, but the dealer stressed the upgrade to a 6 CD disc changer. Is this 1992?

Do NOT buy! Poor design, not worth the money
By purdue_flunkie on 12/14/10 14:10 PM (PST)

2011 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Car has serious engine problems. Idle is very rough and you can feel vibrations transferring to the steering wheel. Problem occurs when the engine is fully warmed up and idle drops to 700 rpm. There is an unstable operating point which causes engine to resonate. I tested 3 different vehicles and all of them have this issue. This is clearly a design flaw and Honda refuses to acknowledge existence of the problem. Every time you stop at the light, you can feel vibrations like you sitting in an old American car.

Deficiencies in the CR-V
By Anonymous on 12/07/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had the car about a month. The drive is nice, fuel economy is reasonable for a CR-V and the interior space is more than adequate. However I find the Honda information on the CR-V EXL with Navigation deliberately deceptive. Two examples ; (a) there is no caller ID available on the unit with the Navigation system even though the technology guide that comes with the car says there is. (b) Honda says there are "heated driver and passenger seats". Well that is true but they don't say that the driver side seat has a heated bottom and back where as the passenger side has only a heated butt. Big difference ! Hope there's a law suit so Honda is punished for these deceptive practices.

Upgraded from Outback
By fnc119 on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Traded my wife's 2009 Outback LTD in. The Outback was a good wagon, but the CR-V quieter, roomier with better pick up and better MPG.

Everything it is made out to be
By 1st time honda owner on 12/01/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the car about 2 months ago. This is probably the best & safest choice in this class and price range. As an owner of a large European sedan I must admit I grew to appreciate this car over the last two months. Got it mostly for the price point & value but would highly recommend it to anyone, who is looking at this kind of car. Nothing really stands out, but the car, as the package, presents the best buy, from my opinion. (roomy interior, nice exterior, smooth ride, good breaks, excellent visibility, honda quality, 4WD for winter driving, good crash scores, great value, decent MPH) What's not to like?. While it is NOT a luxury car by any means, it is a great "commuting vehicle".

Love my CR-V!
By Miffy on 11/29/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought our first CR-V mid November. It's a great crossover. Love the interior, exterior, everything! We've had 4 previous Hondas, a Civic and 3 Accords and had no problems with any of them. We have great confidence in Honda. We needed the cargo space to haul things and it wasn't a disappointment to see how much room the CR-V has.

Nice car poor seats
By Gene on 11/24/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Except for the seats, the quality is great. The seats are uncomfortable even with the 10 way adjustable power option. I am a big guy, 275, and after a few hours, my butt becomes sore. The seats remind me of coach airline seats. If I had known about the long term comfort made awful with the flimsy seats, I would of not purchased the car. My wife, 110, also could not find a comfortable position. The climate control is first rate and the radio is the best - the performance is ok but at 40 mph, it sounds like the engine is lugging. Alcohol gas content is critical. I purchased 87 gas at loves in Missouri and the gas mileage dropped 6 gpm and the performance deteriorated

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda CR-V in VA is:

$131 per month*