Used 2011 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Great value for a entry level SUV!
By whchuang

2011 Honda CR-V SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have owned the CRV for about a year now and so far we are happy about it. It is NOT perfect and we still have some unresolved minor rattle sound coming from the front passenger side dash board, but again NO car is perfect, period. The car is the best selling SUV in USA, and on kbb enjoy the #7 slot for the best resale value award. Reliability history is great. With the money paid, I found that the interior design (especially the trip computer, etc.), provide excellent value. The 2012 model also improved the roof strength so I think safety wise it should be a all 5-stars vehicle. Build quality in general is good (can't compare to a Mercedes, but not bad either). We like it so far.

The trip computer (e.g. provide great info on engine oil life, which you don't even see it on a Mercedes), the roomy interior and trunk, and the sliding rear seat. For a SUV, the fuel economy is pretty good too. The ride is also the most comfortable one among the same class. And then the reliability legend of Honda

Minor rattle sound coming from dash board, road noise (in 2011, I heard that 2012 is much better now), add rear view camera as standard (again this is standard in 2012 now), better AWD system for snow driving, make the headrest and seat more comfortable for non-leather seats, and make the leather upholstery an option or make it cheaper to own (e.g. SE + leather upholstery, instead of only providing the leather upholstery option in EX-L trim)...

New update ruins my car
By vacrv

2011 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I got the new update for my 2011 CRV. This software update adjusts timing. I was getting 32 MPG hwy before, now at best I get 26 downhill. I drive 25,000 miles a year, so this will cost me over $800 per year. I have the extended warranty, but Honda will do nothing! They they they can't back out the code. All I get is the runaround. This is my last HONDA!!!!!!!!!!!!

love my CRV
By jennypennygirl

2011 Honda CR-V SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

bought mine in 8-2011 and have 10k on it already. I love driving it, it rides really nice. It is smooth and quiet. I was surprised to learn that the tires are only good for 20-25k. and how cheesy the seats are, they are hard, and a bit uncomfortable. lack padding and contour. cargo and gas mileage are great. It is good in the snow. I am spooked after reading 2 reviews about the engine bolts sheering off. that is a big worry for me now. hopefully it is not a common issue. overall I love my crv and its safety ratings. also the roominess is great. Im 5'10 & husband 6'5' and we fit & love it.

love that my husband can sit with the seat all the way back and if I sit behind him I still have leg room. we are both quite tall and found this suv very roomy that way. leg room and head room was not an issue at all for him and he is 6'5".

better seats comfort, padding, material and contouring.

AS expected
By stevenzhuli

2011 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought 2011 CRV LX 4WD a few weeks ago, so far driving is ok. Not feel like 180 horse power.But OK for commute. Interior quality just So so. I found one thing seams not right, it is the tail pipe getting black, finger gets black if you touch the inside of the pipe. (I only drove 400 KM). If anybody can tell me it is normal or not? I have another new car Nissan Sentra, looks much better at the inside pipe a lot of cleaner. Please help comment

Reclined back seat for kids, exterior design

Honda CR-V
By openroad4

2011 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Took delivery on my 2011 EX-L two weeks ago and its a tidy, nimble little package . However the driver's seat is proving so uncomfortable that I can't drive it more than a few minutes at a time. The seat is too small, rock-hard, lumpy, badly contoured , unsupportive (thighs) and doesn't go back far enough. Honda needs to take a serious look at this issue...

Appearance, handling, fuel economy. Nice fit and finish.

Seat comfort....I'll probably have to get rid of this car because of it. The seats are simply designed for very small people.