Used 2011 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

A good car, not great.
By g35twilight

2011 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

6500 miles on the odo.
Made it through our first northern Idaho winter with no problems.
With winter tires we were able to get around almost as if there was no snow or ice on the roads.
Gas mileage has been acceptable but not great, averaging 20mpg in mostly town driving.
Other than the winter performance, I find it difficult to get very fired up about this car.
The transmission shifts up and down abruptly, the interior is noisy and as mentioned below, the headlights are terrible.
We've also had some issues with the sunroof refusing to close.
I have no doubt the car will start every time and get me where I need to go but some details need to be addressed.

Clear Gauges, intuitive controls/button layout, supportive seats, good in the snow

Needs another gear. The headlights are terrible (dim and not enough "throw" even on high-beam)and it irritates me to no end that the CRV is available in other markets with HID headlights. Gas mileage ought to be better given the relatively low power output. The new RDX with almost 100 more hp is epa rated at almost the same mileage. More attention to detail during assembly.

update to last review
By yankeefan56

2011 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

our crv now has 3300 miles on it and we just went from nj to newport ri on vacation.....still a fantastic vehicle...read some stories about tires wearing out early and some suspension bolt problems,but so far so good..despite high winds on the drive home this car was incredibly stable...glad we chose it

Great crossover
By enginemedic21

2011 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle in the past week after doing about a month of researching different vehicles online and visiting the dealership for test drives.As I am a college student I was not able to purchase the EX-L model but I am more than happy with the LX model I purchased.I drove pick up trucks all my life(F150/Ranger/Tacoma) so I needed a SUV that could pull a trailor but also wasn't bad on gas as my commute is going to be far.I test drove the new CX5,Rav4,Rogue, etc and found these to be the strong points on the Honda;smooth/quiet ride,most power(for the 4 cylinder),interior build quality and there sync system is amazing.I'm able to like/dislike Pandora songs from my steering wheel.

Bluetooth phone pairing standard on all CRV models. Nice LED information screen which is easy to read and you can customize it by setting your own wallpaper. Standard back up camera which displays on the LED info screen in the dash when your backing up in 3 different modes! The only model crossover which I liked just as much as the CRV was the 2013 Mazda Cx-5 but I found the Honda to have more power/better pickup, a quieter ride, and better standard features than the Mazda. The Mazda was the only vehicle that got better MPG's than the Honda but again it was more expensive and did not come with standard Bluetooth connectivity or a back camera.

Would of liked if the base model CRV had better looking rims but I'll replace those when I replace the tires.

CRV Tires are Junk
By newmanrn

2011 Honda CR-V SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this CRV in May 2011, after 8,000 miles we got a vibration from the rear of the car.
At 23,000 it was so bad I had to replace the tires with still half the tread left.
When they pulled the rear tires, there were flat spots so big, the bounced up and down when they rolled them over to the tire changer machine.
There was a 4" wide flat spot across the tires.
It came with the Bridgestone Dueler HT470 tires.
These tires are junk.
Another item that disturbes me is the oil is constantly dirty.
I started with using the oil life indicator for oil changes, but the oil was so black, I moved it up to 3,000 miles and it is still dirty.
Even with the software update it is still bad.

Gas Mileage is Great. I used to run 87 octane fuel until I discovered that if I run 93 octane the mileage jumped up 15-23%. I used to average 26mpg highway until I put 93 octane in now I average 30-32. City mileage is about the same. I have been driving 1,200 miles a week for my job and it saves me 10-18% on fuel costs using the higher octane. All told I get 70-90 more miles per tank. Overall I am happy with the car, it drives well, especially with the new tires.

When I got the new tires, the alignment rack showed the right rear tire was toed in, which is what probably flat spotted the tires. The car has never hit any curbs so the alignment was probably off at the factory. I have never owned a new car that has such black oil. There is obviously something wrong with the rings here. Hope it doesn't show its ugly head before I am done paying for this car.

An okay car
By rheramb

2011 Honda CR-V SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Standard dislikes; noisy, Continental tires are probably the worst tires I have ever had , meager interior convenience-cup holders, storage. A rumbling sound in suspension/wheels, more like a low roar.Got the Glacier Blue and wish I had chosen anothr color because it is so common. In our climate Honda has trouble with brake corrosion regardless of the model..

With 16K miles/1yr old, have had little snow in NE Ohio to really test 4wd. Gas 25 mpg mixed, 32 best hwy mpg, anxious to replace Continental tires to see how ride improves. Seats comfortable, access good. Power good. Son and brother liked it so much they bought one and have the same observations.

Honda replaced the 4x4 Continental Contact tires on the 12 models w/Bridgestone. Control exterior noise, warranty poor brake design.