2011 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
2011 CR-V SE AWD Great
By nmt on 04/27/11 11:32 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-V SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First Honda and SUV. Only 300 miles on it but so far so good. Seems to be a great little SUV, as long as you drive easy. The 4 cy is not made for driving like you stole it or pulling of any kind. Ave mpg of 28, best I got so far was 33.2 mpg. That was driving like an old lady on a nice calm warm sunny day. However making the same trip in very winding conditions produced 22.1 mpg. So the 4 cy needs good conditions. Iam very pleased with the comfort, both front and rear seats. The rear seats are much better than the RAV4, especially for car seats. I agree with others that there are blind spots but no problems with wind noise or anyting else at this point.

Honda needs to address severe wind noise in their 2011 CRV
By newsandiegan on 04/24/11 13:52 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Honda, that I love in general. I took my first Pacific Coastal Highway trip and the mileage was not as promised, but the car rode nicely. Except, that on the freeways the windows wind noise is severe. I test drove it around the dealership and never on the freeway at 70 miles, my mistake. However, I do want Honda to know as dealership says it is a design problem and cannot be fixed. I sent my first payment to Honda Financing this month, in pain, as I am not entirely happy about this severe wind noise that ruins the conversation with your passengers. Let's do something as a group and make Honda aware of this and request a fix. Honda knows better than to ignore this problem.

BEWARE-Rear view window has poor visibility
By dljon on 04/08/11 10:02 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

If there's someone short standing behind the vehicle, you will not be able to see them because the rear view window leaves a huge blind spot. I bought this car solely because of safety features, not realizing this problem. Definitely recommend a back up camera even though I never needed one in past vehicles. Also, the gas mileage is no where near as good as it should be. Still love the car as it's very comfortable to sit in with good lower back support. The car also handles perfectly. The AWD handles beautifully in the snow and ice. I would have not made it through this winter without these features! I would recommend this car 100% if the owner got a back up camera.

9 months 8000 miles
By adansereau on 04/01/11 10:13 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

a perfect fit finish and no problems with this suv are impressive. one oil change, wash and drive !! gas mpg knocking around this winter 21.5 down from 23 in the summer. did a 200 mile trip in feb. half highway 69 - 70 mph and half country roads 45- 55 mpg and it returned a true 28.4, not bad for an all wheel drive vehicle. the comfort and ride and versatility of this makes it a great reliable suv that has more room than some larger ones.

2011 CRV Quality but missing a few things
By mview on 03/28/11 17:15 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-V SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

1 month into my new purchase with less than 600 miles I was a bit unsure I did the right thing. However my dealer helped me through resolving my issues. My issue was the rough ride due to a large degree the factory tires (Continental) which rode okay on new smooth roads but not on any others. My dealer worked out a deal with me and I traded out the Contintals for Michelins (required extensive on line research in Honda Forums etc) now and all is good. When purchasing this vehicle I would negotiate a tire upgrade before driving away. I have owned Subarus, Toyotas, and yes now I can add my first Honda to my list of quality cars.

Drivers seatback
By ronnied on 03/08/11 12:03 PM (PST)

2011 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my CR-V EX-L with leather seats for 4 months and I still can't get comfortable in the drivers seat. The seatback is too narrow and the side airbag is costantly digging into my ribs. I have tried moving the seat position every way I can but I still can't find a position where my back is not on the side of the seat. I have not heard of anyone else complaining about this. I am 5'8" and 195lbs. I would like to know if anyone else has this problem. Please let me know if it is just me or is it a real problem. Thanks.

2011 CRV SE - 175 Miles - Power Steering Out
By faye7 on 03/08/11 11:05 AM (PST)

2011 Honda CR-V SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I cannot describe my disappointment. At 175 miles, the Power Steering went out and car is at the dealer waiting for parts. It has other noises yet to be determined, excluding wind noise. I expect more from a new car and especially from Honda. This is unacceptable and a reflection of Honda's Quality Control Department. I had no problems with my 2003 CRV so I purchased another one solely for the reliability even though I liked another car better. It certainly has failed my reliability expectation. This 2011 CRV can not compare to the 2003 CRV build quality/reliability. Honda has issues and I have lost confidence. I seriously regret buying this 2011 CRV and wish I had kept my 2003 CRV.

Road Warrier
By baba2cj on 03/05/11 07:38 AM (PST)

2011 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my CR-V two months ago and use it for my company car. I travel 1000 miles (NC, SC and GA) a week. I am 6'1 and a little over 200lbs. I do own two other Honda's (05 Pilot 190k miles, and 07 Accord 120k) so I may be a little biased. The CR-V is the best automobile I have ever owned for my use. The power is more than adequate. I am averaging 27.2 miles a gallon over 6k miles so far. The initial seat comfort is a little harsh but, within a month of driving regularly, has softened. The steering is dead on and tight. I haven't felt any of the "vibrations" I read about in other reviews. Maybe I've just been lucky but I have never had an issue with my Honda's.

Civic SI to a CRV
By tnsrvfan1 on 02/23/11 14:29 PM (PST)

2011 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I recently traded my 2009 Civic SI 6 sp manual transmission for a 2011 CRV w/auto trans. So far so good. Of course it is not as much fun to drive as my Civic SI but it does have the power when you want it. This past winter with all the snow/ice and even a great set of tires made me dislike my Civic so I opted for the 4WD CRV. The ride of the CRV is very nice and smooth and the seats in the CRV are much better. The driver and front passenger seat in the Civic SI were very uncomfortable, Plus the CRV does not have the road noise that my Civic Si had.

Excellent SUV
By michaelpaul on 01/23/11 05:43 AM (PST)

2011 Honda CR-V SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my CRV 10 days ago and I am very happy. The body style, handling in snow and interior design are all top notch. The only things that I would change are: lack of storage space, inexpensive fabric used for seats and small arm rests. This is my third Honda in the last 10 years and I will remain a loyal customer.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda CR-V Suv in VA is:

$131 per month*