Used 2011 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 73 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

still great!!!
By yankeefan56

been 8 months now and STILL
GREAT....we are soooooo happy with our choice...almost wish for snow to the the 4 wheel drive!!
but not just yat summer beckons!!
I would highly recommend a honda to anyone!!!

8 months after purchase and still has that "new car smell"

Team Honda will not help me
By dmedica

2011 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

TEAM HONDA OF BATON ROUGE,La offered a trade in programs on 12/29/11
I traded my wonderful 2009 in for a 2011 CRV. Starting in Feb 2012 I have been bringing my car in asking them to take the horrible vibartion and noise out of the engine.
I have asked to get mey 2009 back, another 2011 or I would pay more for a 2012 ( in the 2012 they FIXED the vibration).
Ihave been told this is NORMAL for the 2011 and there is NOTHING they can do.
To stop the noise and vibration I have to turn my AC off when I am sitting still in the car.
If anyone suggest help I will appreciate it.

A good car, not great.
By g35twilight

2011 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

6500 miles on the odo.
Made it through our first northern Idaho winter with no problems.
With winter tires we were able to get around almost as if there was no snow or ice on the roads.
Gas mileage has been acceptable but not great, averaging 20mpg in mostly town driving.
Other than the winter performance, I find it difficult to get very fired up about this car.
The transmission shifts up and down abruptly, the interior is noisy and as mentioned below, the headlights are terrible.
We've also had some issues with the sunroof refusing to close.
I have no doubt the car will start every time and get me where I need to go but some details need to be addressed.

Clear Gauges, intuitive controls/button layout, supportive seats, good in the snow

Needs another gear. The headlights are terrible (dim and not enough "throw" even on high-beam)and it irritates me to no end that the CRV is available in other markets with HID headlights. Gas mileage ought to be better given the relatively low power output. The new RDX with almost 100 more hp is epa rated at almost the same mileage. More attention to detail during assembly.

update to last review
By yankeefan56

2011 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

our crv now has 3300 miles on it and we just went from nj to newport ri on vacation.....still a fantastic vehicle...read some stories about tires wearing out early and some suspension bolt problems,but so far so good..despite high winds on the drive home this car was incredibly stable...glad we chose it

Great crossover
By enginemedic21

2011 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle in the past week after doing about a month of researching different vehicles online and visiting the dealership for test drives.As I am a college student I was not able to purchase the EX-L model but I am more than happy with the LX model I purchased.I drove pick up trucks all my life(F150/Ranger/Tacoma) so I needed a SUV that could pull a trailor but also wasn't bad on gas as my commute is going to be far.I test drove the new CX5,Rav4,Rogue, etc and found these to be the strong points on the Honda;smooth/quiet ride,most power(for the 4 cylinder),interior build quality and there sync system is amazing.I'm able to like/dislike Pandora songs from my steering wheel.

Bluetooth phone pairing standard on all CRV models. Nice LED information screen which is easy to read and you can customize it by setting your own wallpaper. Standard back up camera which displays on the LED info screen in the dash when your backing up in 3 different modes! The only model crossover which I liked just as much as the CRV was the 2013 Mazda Cx-5 but I found the Honda to have more power/better pickup, a quieter ride, and better standard features than the Mazda. The Mazda was the only vehicle that got better MPG's than the Honda but again it was more expensive and did not come with standard Bluetooth connectivity or a back camera.

Would of liked if the base model CRV had better looking rims but I'll replace those when I replace the tires.