Used 2011 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

CRV Tires are Junk
By newmanrn

2011 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this CRV in May 2011, after 8,000 miles we got a vibration from the rear of the car. At 23,000 it was so bad I had to replace the tires with still half the tread left. When they pulled the rear tires, there were flat spots so big, the bounced up and down when they rolled them over to the tire changer machine. There was a 4" wide flat spot across the tires. It came with the Bridgestone Dueler HT470 tires. These tires are junk. Another item that disturbes me is the oil is constantly dirty. I started with using the oil life indicator for oil changes, but the oil was so black, I moved it up to 3,000 miles and it is still dirty. Even with the software update it is still bad.

Favorite Features

Gas Mileage is Great. I used to run 87 octane fuel until I discovered that if I run 93 octane the mileage jumped up 15-23%. I used to average 26mpg highway until I put 93 octane in now I average 30-32. City mileage is about the same. I have been driving 1,200 miles a week for my job and it saves me 10-18% on fuel costs using the higher octane. All told I get 70-90 more miles per tank. Overall I am happy with the car, it drives well, especially with the new tires.

Suggested Improvements

When I got the new tires, the alignment rack showed the right rear tire was toed in, which is what probably flat spotted the tires. The car has never hit any curbs so the alignment was probably off at the factory. I have never owned a new car that has such black oil. There is obviously something wrong with the rings here. Hope it doesn't show its ugly head before I am done paying for this car.

An okay car
By rheramb

2011 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Standard dislikes; noisy, Continental tires are probably the worst tires I have ever had , meager interior convenience-cup holders, storage. A rumbling sound in suspension/wheels, more like a low roar.Got the Glacier Blue and wish I had chosen anothr color because it is so common. In our climate Honda has trouble with brake corrosion regardless of the model..

Favorite Features

With 16K miles/1yr old, have had little snow in NE Ohio to really test 4wd. Gas 25 mpg mixed, 32 best hwy mpg, anxious to replace Continental tires to see how ride improves. Seats comfortable, access good. Power good. Son and brother liked it so much they bought one and have the same observations.

Suggested Improvements

Honda replaced the 4x4 Continental Contact tires on the 12 models w/Bridgestone. Control exterior noise, warranty poor brake design.

Good SUV for a 4 cylinder
By stevenzhuli

2011 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been driving about 3 months and 6000KMs, take me about a month to get used to this little SUV. Overall I rate this car "OK" level. Only thing I feel not so good is the acceleration. A little bit slow to speed up from a complete stop. Also only when run at about 75-80 KM/Hour, I can feel some kind of vabriation, which is wired, normally should be very smooth at this speed. My small car 2011 Nissan Sentra, much more quieter than this SUV at any speed. Also my gas mileage: use 87 regular gas, get about 9.2L/100KMs. With 89 gas, get about 8.2L/100KMs. 75% on contryside road, 25% cuty driving. So I feel put 89 gas is a win for the money and car. saving about 50 cents per 100 KMs.

Great value for a entry level SUV!
By whchuang

2011 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have owned the CRV for about a year now and so far we are happy about it. It is NOT perfect and we still have some unresolved minor rattle sound coming from the front passenger side dash board, but again NO car is perfect, period. The car is the best selling SUV in USA, and on kbb enjoy the #7 slot for the best resale value award. Reliability history is great. With the money paid, I found that the interior design (especially the trip computer, etc.), provide excellent value. The 2012 model also improved the roof strength so I think safety wise it should be a all 5-stars vehicle. Build quality in general is good (can't compare to a Mercedes, but not bad either). We like it so far.

Favorite Features

The trip computer (e.g. provide great info on engine oil life, which you don't even see it on a Mercedes), the roomy interior and trunk, and the sliding rear seat. For a SUV, the fuel economy is pretty good too. The ride is also the most comfortable one among the same class. And then the reliability legend of Honda

Suggested Improvements

Minor rattle sound coming from dash board, road noise (in 2011, I heard that 2012 is much better now), add rear view camera as standard (again this is standard in 2012 now), better AWD system for snow driving, make the headrest and seat more comfortable for non-leather seats, and make the leather upholstery an option or make it cheaper to own (e.g. SE + leather upholstery, instead of only providing the leather upholstery option in EX-L trim)...

New update ruins my car
By vacrv

2011 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I got the new update for my 2011 CRV. This software update adjusts timing. I was getting 32 MPG hwy before, now at best I get 26 downhill. I drive 25,000 miles a year, so this will cost me over $800 per year. I have the extended warranty, but Honda will do nothing! They they they can't back out the code. All I get is the runaround. This is my last HONDA!!!!!!!!!!!!