2011 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Hope you too don't get stranded. . .
By cobragolfer74 on 08/05/11 20:39 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was sooo happy to get into this crossover! This vehicle is my 2nd best car I've ever had. (G6 was #1). However. . . Be aware that rear differentials might not be sealed like they should be. I had about 7000 miles on it when it felt like a flat tire. My son and I were stranded on the side of an interstate for 2hrs. 2 days later I found out that my new CR-V had thrown a differential gear due to lack of differential fluid! Now why would anyone need to by a Honda insurance plan for a NEW car? Little did I know that I would need it at 7000 miles. If you buy a new one, make sure there is a full differential inspection. You will definitely thank yourself if you do.

Never a regret!
By al_syracuse on 08/02/11 14:45 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Replaced a 2011 Escape (piece of junk) with this top of the line CR-V a month ago. I have never gretted that move. The Ford was a disaster, and I dumped it after only 9 months. The CR-V is a solid, well built, comfortable vehicle, and the gas mileage is great. The Escape got 18-22. The CR-V gets 26-31. When looking for a replacement for the Escape, I considered the RAV-4, the Subaru Outback, and the CR_V. I disqualified the Outback immediately because the seat was so uncomfortable for me. The RAV-4 had a good seat, but the build was less than stellar and it drove live a truck. The CR-V was the best built of the three, and drives like a dream. I love it.

A nicely appointed & very practical SUV
By vdp on 08/01/11 13:49 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After searching for a compact SUV that would fit our needs as a young family (namely, plenty of rear seating and cargo space), we eventually settled for the CR-V. Despite being one of the older models in the market, its specs are still tough to beat. Slicker models such as the Tucson, Tiguan simply offer too little cargo space. Rear visibility is also not as good. The CR-Vs interior also looks upscale, unlike the RAV4. My complaints so far include lack of storage space in the front, weak acceleration, and lackluster fuel economy (I have been averaging about 21mpg). The navigation maps also look dated (reminds me of Windows 3.1 from the early 90s), and don't pronounce street names.

O7 Honda crv
By rdfarster on 07/24/11 07:11 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my honda for four ys.now.It is good on gas but for this summer it is not.I had to replace my tires at 34000 miles already because they dry rotted and i just replaced my back breaks and rotors at 40000 miles,they were completely gone.The rims are steel painted and is coming off-looks like crap!It rides shaky and you feel everything on the road,it is not a smooth ride.I would not get another one.The cloth on the seats also are not good quality.It does handle in the snow and rain real well.If I rated this on a scale of 1-10 i give it a 7.

Crash Worthiness
By patrece on 07/20/11 10:30 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

3K miles on the CRV and someone crossed a double yellow line and my daughter hit head on into them. The CRV saved her life. It has a five star crash rating and traveling at speed of 45/47 mph....she walked away without any injury. Air bags activated, seal belts and the headrest protected her. No matter what minor problems a car may have, nothing matters more than a well built car that will sustain an impact and have the occupants walk away!

Smart Choice
By bluesmaster1 on 07/19/11 20:27 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had the CRV for 6 months and it does everything well. It is practical, comfortable, quiet, and relatively efficient. Very easy to load and unload cargo, and holds plenty of gear with the seats up or down. Lots of head room, and the rear seats recline. My biggest complaint is lack of power, but it's no too bad. It handles, rides and stops well. A 6 or more speed transmission would help. The tight turning radius makes it easy to park. The navigation, bluetooth, I-pod integration and stereo are excellent and easy to use. The seats are comfortable and well heated. No rattles or problems at all -- very high quality.

Honda CRV AWD 2011
By mazkaz on 06/29/11 17:47 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Researched for months, was concerned by reports of lack of power and excessive road noise. Test drove 3 CRVs; the 3rd was so quiet and fun to drive (shod with the much criticised Continental tires), both in town and on the highway. Remarkable, considering some negative reviews. No hesitation buying this CRV -- replaced my aging faithful V6 Odyssey minivan. Fuel economy of 25 mpg so far in mixed 70:30 town:highway driving, but I do have a light foot. Very pleased.

180 miles in ... so far... OK.. slightly pricier than competition
By ambitiousone on 06/29/11 00:25 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I recently bought a 2011 CR-V SE AWD. For family and economical reasons, it seem to fit the bill and better than it's competition. Beware of what want though. Some items you might want are only available in the top of the line model - EX/EX-L. Very disappointing that (although easier for consumers in a simplified menu), the trim packages are inflexible. You can only get bluetooth with Navigation, and Navigation is only available on the EX-L model. You don't even get the storage shelf in the back with LX/SE models. It definitely is down on power. But that is a little unfair as I'm coming from a 2007 S2000. At least my SE has 6-cds, and can play MP3s.

Practical and pretty and fun to drive
By kellyferg on 06/15/11 07:11 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We love our new CRV and feel we made an economical choice but got a fun car to drive.

Broken Engine Bolts
By johnl123 on 05/31/11 06:23 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have a Honda Crv SE with 5000 miles and only 5 months old. While driving a few days ago 2 engines bolts broke. Luckily I was not killed. The Go Honda dealer in Westminster , CO said it could be fixed and he cannot let me break the lease because he would loose money and he would go out of business if everybody could just return cars. My car is not a lemon. I would have to have 5 similar occurrences, The managers name is Eric. I am supposed to drive this car with my 2 grandchildren, no way in hell. The staff at the dealership are rude, insensitive to say the least, including the overall manager Matt Hall. Honda needs to recall this model before someone is killed.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda CR-V in VA is:

$131 per month*