180 miles in ... so far... OK.. slightly pricier than competition
By ambitiousone on
2011 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I recently bought a 2011 CR-V SE AWD. For family and economical reasons, it seem to fit the bill and better than it's competition. Beware of what want though. Some items you might want are only available in the top of the line model - EX/EX-L. Very disappointing that (although easier for consumers in a simplified menu), the trim packages are inflexible. You can only get bluetooth with Navigation, and Navigation is only available on the EX-L model. You don't even get the storage shelf in the back with LX/SE models. It definitely is down on power. But that is a little unfair as I'm coming from a 2007 S2000. At least my SE has 6-cds, and can play MP3s.
Favorite Features
SE's stereo is 6-cd and can play MP3. There is even a earphone connector for my mp3 players to save me from having to burn some mp3 songs in a CD. I like that the center tray can be lowered, but I wonder how much weight that can hold. For example, if a big person used it to push off. instrument cluster (speedo, tach, etc.) is simple and easy. but i prefer an analog temperature meter. Kind of odd they have a button for D3 (3rd gear) instead of just having it on the tranny shifter. So if I need to manually select 3rd gear, I have to push that button. Many compartments. Some a little small and seems like CR-V engineers wanted to make use of small pockets if space.
Suggested Improvements
Make the shelf cargo tray for the EX available at least as an option for LX/SE model. And jeez, don't price it like it's such a big thing! (like $300-$400!). Make the center console for EX available for the lower trim models. Though I like the ability to raise/lower the center tray, I'd probably just prefer to have the storage compartment of the EX trim. No HID????? or at least projector lamps? very disappointed coming from a S2000 that had HID. So far, I cannot find a remote trunk release. So I have to press the remote to unlock everything to unlock the trunk door? maybe it's just hidden somewhere. Rear center seatbelt not intuitive at all!