Used 2011 Honda CR-V EX-L SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Honda CR-V
By openroad4

2011 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Took delivery on my 2011 EX-L two weeks ago and its a tidy, nimble little package . However the driver's seat is proving so uncomfortable that I can't drive it more than a few minutes at a time. The seat is too small, rock-hard, lumpy, badly contoured , unsupportive (thighs) and doesn't go back far enough. Honda needs to take a serious look at this issue...

Favorite Features

Appearance, handling, fuel economy. Nice fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

Seat comfort....I'll probably have to get rid of this car because of it. The seats are simply designed for very small people.

Honda needs to address severe wind noise in their 2011 CRV
By newsandiegan

2011 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Honda, that I love in general. I took my first Pacific Coastal Highway trip and the mileage was not as promised, but the car rode nicely. Except, that on the freeways the windows wind noise is severe. I test drove it around the dealership and never on the freeway at 70 miles, my mistake. However, I do want Honda to know as dealership says it is a design problem and cannot be fixed. I sent my first payment to Honda Financing this month, in pain, as I am not entirely happy about this severe wind noise that ruins the conversation with your passengers. Let's do something as a group and make Honda aware of this and request a fix. Honda knows better than to ignore this problem.

Favorite Features

Handling is great to be such as small car. Driver seat is very comfortable and has multiple options to adjust lumbar spine position. Navigation is easily reached and understandable. Cargo space is very convenient and can be covered.

Suggested Improvements

Give buyers a choice of sun roof or not. Prefer the features of the lumbar support but hate the sun roof. Make the lockable glove compartment larger instead of the small unlockable box above it. Longer passenger seats are needed. Privacy tinting in rear windows maybe a little darker. PLEASE FIX THE SEVERE ROAD NOISE ASAP AND OFFER TO ASSIST THOSE OF US WHO BOUGHT THE 2011 CRV THIS YEAR- WE WANT THE HONDA DESIGN TEAM TO HEAR FROM US DIRECTLY

Drivers seatback
By ronnied

2011 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my CR-V EX-L with leather seats for 4 months and I still can't get comfortable in the drivers seat. The seatback is too narrow and the side airbag is costantly digging into my ribs. I have tried moving the seat position every way I can but I still can't find a position where my back is not on the side of the seat. I have not heard of anyone else complaining about this. I am 5'8" and 195lbs. I would like to know if anyone else has this problem. Please let me know if it is just me or is it a real problem. Thanks.

Suggested Improvements

Make the drivers seat wider in the seat and the back