Used 2011 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Great plain vehicle
By sean

2011 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Awesome engineering. easy to do small repairs on (air filters, etc.) I added foglights, it was easy, engineering is ergonomically amazing. poor performance, poor gas mileage, average or less than average stereo w/7 speakers. Everything else, though, is great. Great for the money. Bought cerfified used, was like brand new, leather seats are great, still is...just a great, reliable vehicle for the money.

5 speed auto zaps fun to drive factor
By Randy

2011 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

If you mainly highway commute, this CRV is near perfect. City driving with steep hills, speed bumps, and tight curves causes undesirable engine luging and lack of power. The transmission does not let the engine work in it's comfortable RPM range. A design flaw not present in the fun to drive 2015 Kia Soul.

as expected - its a Honda
By Jim Paille

2011 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

nice suv - legs fatigue with long trips - make sure you use cruise - the seat gas pedal is at a funny angle - reliability outstanding

$$$ if your transmission goes out
By Chris H

2011 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Beware if you need a new transmission. Mine went out at 125,000 ( my Honda Civic made it to 300,00 without issues). The bill to put in a new one $3,600. The is much higher than many other models of SUV

Great reviews not warranted
By jerry king

2011 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a 2011 CRV because we I wanted a quality vehicle before I retired. I wanted something that should last a long time with minimal maintenance.

Before I retired, I want to purchase a vehicle of good quality and low maintenance. This is definitely not what I thought I had purchased. I had to replace the tires at 17,000 miles, Honda puts on junk tires just to get them off the lot. Putting on good tires on was $700 and now at 24,500 miles the airbag light stays on and I am told for $650 they can repair it. ( I also had a 2008 Accord that required new rear tires and brakes at 30,000 miles.) If I have another repair (other than normal wear and tear, brakes and etc.) the car will be going down the road. Honda is definitely not the quality vehicle that everyone seems to think they think.