2011 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
CRV Tires are Junk
By newmanrn on 04/12/12 16:41 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this CRV in May 2011, after 8,000 miles we got a vibration from the rear of the car. At 23,000 it was so bad I had to replace the tires with still half the tread left. When they pulled the rear tires, there were flat spots so big, the bounced up and down when they rolled them over to the tire changer machine. There was a 4" wide flat spot across the tires. It came with the Bridgestone Dueler HT470 tires. These tires are junk. Another item that disturbes me is the oil is constantly dirty. I started with using the oil life indicator for oil changes, but the oil was so black, I moved it up to 3,000 miles and it is still dirty. Even with the software update it is still bad.

Great value for a entry level SUV!
By whchuang on 02/05/12 23:37 PM (PST)

2011 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have owned the CRV for about a year now and so far we are happy about it. It is NOT perfect and we still have some unresolved minor rattle sound coming from the front passenger side dash board, but again NO car is perfect, period. The car is the best selling SUV in USA, and on kbb enjoy the #7 slot for the best resale value award. Reliability history is great. With the money paid, I found that the interior design (especially the trip computer, etc.), provide excellent value. The 2012 model also improved the roof strength so I think safety wise it should be a all 5-stars vehicle. Build quality in general is good (can't compare to a Mercedes, but not bad either). We like it so far.

Honda CRV AWD 2011
By mazkaz on 06/29/11 17:47 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Researched for months, was concerned by reports of lack of power and excessive road noise. Test drove 3 CRVs; the 3rd was so quiet and fun to drive (shod with the much criticised Continental tires), both in town and on the highway. Remarkable, considering some negative reviews. No hesitation buying this CRV -- replaced my aging faithful V6 Odyssey minivan. Fuel economy of 25 mpg so far in mixed 70:30 town:highway driving, but I do have a light foot. Very pleased.

2011 CRV SE - 175 Miles - Power Steering Out
By faye7 on 03/08/11 11:05 AM (PST)

2011 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I cannot describe my disappointment. At 175 miles, the Power Steering went out and car is at the dealer waiting for parts. It has other noises yet to be determined, excluding wind noise. I expect more from a new car and especially from Honda. This is unacceptable and a reflection of Honda's Quality Control Department. I had no problems with my 2003 CRV so I purchased another one solely for the reliability even though I liked another car better. It certainly has failed my reliability expectation. This 2011 CRV can not compare to the 2003 CRV build quality/reliability. Honda has issues and I have lost confidence. I seriously regret buying this 2011 CRV and wish I had kept my 2003 CRV.

Great car but LOW TECH!!!
By damjadi on 12/19/10 04:49 AM (PST)

2011 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Honda has some great lease deals (probably because of the low depreciation). The CRV has a car-like ride, tons of leg and head room and very comfortable seats. It is well designed and very flexible. It has an amazing turn radius and no major blindspots. The gas mileage is a little less desirable and the road noise is rather noticeable as is the idle. My biggest pet peeve is the lack of features standard in most other vehicles' base models. To get bluetooth and iPod connections you have to get the EX-L with navigation, meaning an extra $3000. We got the SE for the larger, safer tire package, but the dealer stressed the upgrade to a 6 CD disc changer. Is this 1992?

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda CR-V in VA is:

$119 per month*