2011 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
2011 Honda CRV tire problem
By richards3 on 10/25/14 15:59 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The Honda CRV is a good car until I hit almost 20.000 miles and had to get new tires because it would not pass NY inspection. Called Honda and got a run around and they would not admit that 20K is very poor tire life. I had to replace the tires before I got to 20K and will never buy another Honda Product,. The dealer in Binghamton NY is just as lame as Honda USA and they completely lost my trust.

STRONG,SUPER CAR
By hindi on 06/30/13 15:56 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

we parached 2011 honda crv 4cyl from honda ,till now moves strong we drive it state now it 25000 miles its very strong,all my friends like my car,somtimes i smill the tires bad smill.other wise no problems till 25000 miles.

2.5 years, 67k and running strong
By fnc119 on 04/06/13 20:05 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had this CR V since fall of 2010 and have logged 67,000 miles on it without a repair. Had to replace the Continental Tires @22k and the dealer split the cost with me. I about to replace the rear brakes and tires and cannot complain. My daughters both have 2011 CR Vs and with small children they love the cars because of the safety and reliability.

Very poor mileage
By mnr11 on 04/03/13 14:55 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle in 2011 and per the reviews, city mileage is 21 and 28 on the highways. The actual mileage in my experience is 18 to 18.5 in the city and 21 to 22 highway. I am extremely disappointed and this is my may concern.. all maintenance is up to date.

Great SUV! I would buy it again!
By stepay on 03/12/13 12:02 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this car in Feb. 2011, and I still love it today like I did the day I bought it. Honda quality, looks better than what they did to update it to 2012 (not sure what they were thinking about the back of the 2012 - looks weird), but the real thing here is value. I'm still amazed I could buy this car brand new for the low price I paid for it. A 2011 Kia Sportage with similar options was a couple thousand dollars more. Also, those complaining about road noise should have investigated that beforehand. Honda never claimed this was a super quiet car. Reliable, drives great, lots of room, looks great. Intended to be a family car. You want smooth and very quiet, then pay more next time.

Saved my son's life!
By bjb22269 on 02/09/13 05:05 AM (PST)

2011 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Last weekend my son had an accident with my 2011 Honda CRV due to speed and road conditions and totalled my car. He hit a rock wall at a high rate of speed and rolled end for end. AND WALKED AWAY!! He is 6'6" and weighs 250lbs. Only had scratchs and a bump on his head. This was is destroyed but it saved my son's life. He owns a 2002 Honda Civic and if he was in that he would be dead. I am VERY pleased and happy with this car and how safe it really is. He hit the wall so hard that the left front wheel, tire, axle, and shock came out in one piece. Alot of people (me included) look at the "pretty" of a car and don't really think about the safety. Well built car!! Thank you Honda!

CRV Road Noise
By dirigo1 on 02/05/13 18:35 PM (PST)

2011 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Had problem with Continental tires on my 2011 CRV. At 10,000 miles a road noise started that was terrible. I put up with it longer than I should have. I was told by the dealer that all four tires needed replacing at only 24,000 miles. In reading several forums CRV road noise is common due to lack of insulation. Neither Honda or Continental would assist. They both have to be knowledgable about their issues. Unless Honda has improved sound insulation on the car underside of the new model, I would not recommend buying a CRV.

poor quality all around
By georgiae on 08/10/12 09:52 AM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a 2011 honda CRV new. I thought i bought a great car. I was totally wrong, what i bought was a generic car. Horrible road noise, don't use the air and try to pull a hill, your lucky if you get up to 40 mph. tires need replaced after 14,500 miles. Moon Twp Honda basically said " You drove the car" . No kidding i didnt buy it to park in the garage. They offered me 2 tires, i said but there are 4 tires on the car. Too bad per Honda. The management at this dealer ship is awful. Do not buy this vehicle you definately will be sorry, if you do do not but at Moon Twp, Pa Honda, very ignorant management.

Body Integrity - RUST !!
By huskerfan_1 on 07/07/12 13:44 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I would encourage all to check the bottom seal area of the doors for rust. Three weeks ago while while wiping down after a wash I noticed rust on the inside bottom of the back right passenger door. It freaked me out !! HOW ??? Took it the dealer ... it will get repaired next week under warranty (and it should). My car was purchased New Years Eve, 2010. Not sure if I will be keeping it.

Poor gas mileage & seat construction
By deb103 on 06/28/12 19:20 PM (PDT)

2011 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second CRV - in my 2009 the driver's seat kept coming apart and the same thing keeps happening in my 2011. I work from home so I don't drive that much and feel that the seat should still be in excellent condition. The plastic molding around the seat keeps separating and the leather cover tears where it is hooked on. Since they upgraded the computer the mpg on the road dropped from 29 mpg to 24 mpg and in town from 24 mpg to 17 mpg. I am getting ready to trade it because of this.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Honda CR-V in VA is:

$131 per month*