Peeling Paint on Hood of Brand New CRV
By Reggie on
2010 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
As with some of the other reviewers this is my very FIRST new car ever. I had a 1998 SAAB prior. The CR-V is slow to accelerate in a pinch, does have multiple blind spots and now, peeling paint on hood which the Honda rep (brought in by the dealer) said was caused by BIRD POOP, that this happens all the time! They are fixing it as a "courtesy" since I first noticed it when the car was only 2.5 months old but, really, bird poop? There wasn't even bird poop on the car where it was peeling! Oh yeah, the other possible culprit was allegedly "tree sap" No noticeable tree sap in this area either. I have never, ever had a car with this problem, never mind a brand new car!! Seems totally crazy.
Favorite Features
It is a comfortable and safe car with some nice interior features although my 1998 SAAB had much nicer interior features as well as much better mileage. It was also super responsive on the highway.
Suggested Improvements
Peeling Paint? That should NEVER happen in a brand new car or in any car for that matter unless there are rust spots. Better mileage seems mandatory as well in the next generation of CR-V and better responsiveness.