Not as great as I had hoped
By slosoosie on
2010 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I have had my CRV nearly a year. I am disappointed with the gas mileage and the lack of acceleration (mushy). I read the other Edmunds reviews and don't see really any other complaints on this - but I don't think that its right. I mentioned to dealer and they couldn't find a problem. Anyway. I like this vehicle. My other Honda is a 91 Accord coupe and frankly I think the 91 is better made and certainly gets better milage with 180 K on it. When I bought the CRV I thought it would last too, but I am not so sure. It is pretty but it just doesn't perform as expected on the highway. Maybe I will trade in for a different model.
By hondaduras
on 08/23/11 10:39 AM (PDT)

I have had my CRV for about 1 year, too. I have found the gas mileage to be just slightly lower than advertised. Namely, they advertised a combined fuel economy between city and hway of 23 mls/gal and I am getting about 22 mls/gal.

By neongary
on 07/21/12 09:29 AM (PDT)

Why purchase if it had "mushy" acceleration? No test drive prior? We have this same vehicle and can understand that there is a 4 cyl under the hood and have over 3,000 lbs of metal to move.