Nice little vehicle but...
By crvissues on
2010 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
1st of all I do like my CRV EXL 4WD but I have had problems with it. 1. Hobble bobble from the left rear like I had a flat spot on my tire when going 30+mph. Went to the dealer they said it was the nature of the vehicle. True as I drove another( used) and felt the same thing. My thought was it had the same problem. Why else would someone trade it off at 12k miles. a. Took it to another dealer and they over balanced the tires stating that was the problem. Not at all, it was still there if not worse. b. Took it to a private shop and they pulled the drive trane and replace it for it was out of balance. Honda picked up the cost. The problem is still there. Then thinking it was the tires I have replaced them 4 times + lined up and it was even worse. At this point I just wanted to return/ trade off the CRV off for something other than a Honda ( this is my first and last one) 2. My ABS and traction control light came on and stayed on. Back to the private autoshop and they discoverd the sensor wire on the left front was broken. Called Honda and it's still under warranty. It goes back in next week. Buying a new car I expect perfection and this has missed the mark. Getting the push off from the dealers in place of taking me seriously was most disheartening. I researched for 9 months on which car to buy and chose this one over many and it has turned out to be a dud. I wish they still made the Jeeps with the in line 6. They rode like a tank, held up well, ran like a sewing machine with over 240k miles on it. Should've kept it! The CRV Is pretty and has all the creature comforts except I think the seats are cheap leather and are uncomfortable. I hope they can correct the problems with it. Next up after fixing the lights perhaps a rear axle. Actually I want the quality of car Honda is so proud of and that I paid for :) I feel as though I've been hoodwinked! Anyone else had problems?
Favorite Features
Exterior looks
Suggested Improvements
Better leather More comfortable seats