2010 Honda CR-V 2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Better than I had hoped

2010 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Review

Better than I had hoped
By Steve on

2010 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned many Honda Accords and recently traded an 07 Accord EX 4 cylinder. I am very pleased with the purchase. The CRV has great acceleration and many standard features that I enjoy. There are many little improvements over the '09 model that really add up. The new 180 hp CR V engine is very smooth, quiet, and willing. I test drove the new Subaru Outback and Forester models. This Honda has better fit and finish, a more refined drive train, and a high quality standard sound system. On my first tank of gas I am averaging 24 mpg - mostly city driving. Since it is a Honda it should be very reliable and have excellent resale value.

Favorite Features

I appreciate the new instrumentation which includes a trip computer, outside temp gauge and compass. The upholstery materials are now more upscale. The switches all have an Acura quality feel. The front grill and bumper styling with chrome accent now looks less awkward.

Suggested Improvements

I wish that heated and painted mirrors were on the EX package. A power seat with adjustable lumbar support would also seem appropriate. I would love to see Honda bring a diesel version to this country.