Used 2010 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Sales and service
By kathy714

2010 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Excellent ride , both in the city and highway, window visibility excellent. mileage, almost 30 on highway. handles easily.

visibility window, easy to drive, dashboard easy to read

would have like more storage , similar to the 2002 CR-V we have

So far so good
By Teej

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Five hundred miles on the car so far and I am very pleased with the ride and fuel economy I'm getting (26-27 mpg). Switched from a 2004 Jeep Liberty. Test drove RAV4 and found it to have more road noise and gauges/clock were more difficult to read. Forester is a slug in comparison to CR-V. There is plenty of acceleration, especially where it matters - when you are trying to pass people at 75 mph on a steep hill. It's a little sluggish between 25-35 mph but you can get the acceleration you need if you're willing to be heavy footed. Interior layout is generally good. Seats are a little stiff and the lack of storage in the console is an annoyance. All in all - very happy with my decision!

Moonroof; interior displays; no tire on back and top hinge rather than side hinge; three way split on rear seat for ultimate flip-down versatility; privacy cover in trunk; fuel economy; and agile handling.

Storage in the console rather than drop-down; Come out with a hybrid model.

Nice to Drive
By North Coast Shopper

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First brand new car I've purchased in 30 yrs. Replaced a 2000 Maxima and, yes, I miss the pickup and comfort that the Maxima had BUT the Maxima rode so low that my vision was constantly blocked by SUV's and trucks and it drove me crazy. The CR-V is comfortable, the interior is roomy and I can see in front of me. I am happy with the trade off of safety for speed. Besides, while the car doesn't accelerate as quickly I find I don't mind it at all. Mileage was low to begin with but since I hit the 2000 mile mark (it only had 4 miles on it when I got it) I am getting about 21 in town and 28 on the highway - better than my Maxima and I don't need premium gasoline!

Heated seats, backup camera and navigation system, power front seat and sun glass holder. Love the space between the center console and dash - perfect for my purse. Uses regular gas - big $$ savings for me.

Passenger power seat. Memory power seat would be nice. Better cruise control, this one doesn't hold well on very slight hills and allows the car to speed up. Ability to unlock back without unlocking all the other doors.

Peeling grill paint & needs more power
By Tim H.

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This could be a fantastic vehicle with a few changes. 1. Needs more power 2. Fix this inherent problem with the peeling paint in the grill. I noticed it a day after I got it home. Seriously folks. Who in the hell wants to pay twenty five grand for a brand new car with peeling paint ? 3. Front seats have ridges on the sides of the bottoms making it difficult to get in and out of. Don't know what they were thinking there! Aside from those items, a great car.

More power, Fix the paint issue and get the stupid ridges off the front seats.

Mistake
By Dave

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this for my wife with all of the options... This was our 4th CR-V and nothing but issues. Picked up from dealership took on road trip. Around 400 miles rack and pinion broke, hit rain storm no wipers, can't get more than 21 mpg on hwy, pieces coming off of dash, I have had it in the dealer for 5 weeks and they can't figure how to fix it. Keep getting run around. Will not buy another Honda and is a real shame as I have had about 10 over the past 20 years. I had also contacted Honda Corporate and they never returned a call or sent a note. They always want a good survey guess they can't take the bad and stick behind product.

Cargo and passenger space.

Rebuild from ground up and provide what a true Honda use to represent and make sure you dealerships quit making excuses for why it doesn't work. Also, be honest about fuel economy as this product doesn't live up to that or pick up as engine lags and is very unsafe when you need to take off.