2010 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Stunningly Average
By Middle Age Guy on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It suits my needs well for around town driving, picking things up at Lowe's, taking my large dog to the vet and short drives with 3 passengers. The a/c is inadequate for temperatures in the mid 90s and up. Can't adjust driver's seat to get a comfortable driving position for the steering wheel and pedals at the same time. Also, seat bottom cushion is too short for comfortable thigh support. Why does the same company have great seats in an Acura and lousy ones in a Honda? Dangerously low engine power and torque. Poor gas mileage for an underpowered 4 cylinder; 15 city, 21 highway. If this was my only car, I'd sell it and get something else, like Toyota RAV4 or VW Tiguan.

Honda CR-V 2010 Good and Bad
By New to Honda CRV on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought an EX-L and drove it home last night. I really hate the driver side arm rest. It is not comfortable, too short and narrow. My arm kept falling off. I also noticed that the center console in the back seat fold down for drinks and an arm rest but it folds down at an angle. the drinks would spill. It is slanted down about 25 degrees. Also, the bright beam head lights seem to point up at the trees and not at the street. The lower beam lights are pointed at the street correctly but actually illuminate the road much better than the bright beams!! I am taking it back to the dealer next week to see if they can do anything. They may have to replace the drink holder in the back seat.

Our Experience
By dick M on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Our 1st SUV- most pleased with the comfort, great vision and workmanship of this CR-V the sales and management staff at Cramer's is on the level of the luxury car staffs that we have been dealing with for over 15 years.

Love my CR-V!
By bernieismycat on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Honda and first CR-V. I needed the extra cargo room of an SUV after getting a large dog. I wanted a small crossover SUV, and my research led me to either CR-V or Toyota RAV4. My wife rejected the RAV4 because of its externally mounted spare tire, so we got the CR-V. I love the flexible arrangement of the rear seats. We are getting great highway mileage (28 mpg with just 300 miles on the car) but the city mileage is low at around 17mpg. Hopefully it will improve with break- in. We got the navi primarily for the backup camera and bluetooth handsfree, which work great! The GPS system could use improvement.

Very Disappointed with 2010 CR-V EX-L
By JackoABQ on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have a continuing problem with our 2010 CR-V EX-L 2WD that Honda will not resolve. Vehicle has vibration between 55-60 mph. After multiple tire balancing, and trying new wheels/tires on all 4 wheels, the service manager has admitted there is an inherent problem with the CR-V. Between the dealership and the regional manager, nothing has been resolved- "not a safety issue." Honda did offer to buy it back at trade-in value, and sell us a new 2010 CRV. No thanks! Not sure where the hype comes from, this is our first and last Honda.

Influenced by the past
By Flyfisher on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the 3 rd CR-V since 2005 and what a change. The new CR-V was made in the US which may make a difference. The other 2 were pure Japanese. Acceleration is nonexistent. Feels like I am pulling an anchor whenever I hit the gas. With AC on, its even worse . The center console is nice but if you drop anything between it and the seat, you have to hire a contortionist to retrieve it. I don't like the auto drivers seat as the ranges are not as complete as the old manual controls. Loads of blind spots in this baby. I didn't even consider a different car as mt 2007 was a peach. I shouldn't have traded it in. This is my last CR-V and I can't wait to trade for a different brand.

First CR-V and PROUD OF IT!
By SR on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I recently bought a 2010 CRV EX AWD and very happy with my purchase. Had for a little over a week now and did about 250 miles already and only because I enjoy driving it. Runs real smooth and handles like a car. The additional height is perfect for someone who has owned 2 sedans in the past. My only gripe is that the wind noise is not blocked completely but given my kind of driving [home, office, weekend groceries and movies], it really doesn't matter to me. I keep it at 60-65 mph most of the time mainly because I love the feel of driving it and I am not in a rush to go anywhere. I'll probably come back with more updates later.

My First Honda
By Ed on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have friends who drive CR-Vs and love them. I researched different cars in its class and got a good deal on this. It does have more road noise than my former car did though the ride and seats are very comfortable. The radio, CD, MP3 system is great and sounds terrific. The interior is roomy and deceiving from the outside. I'm looking forward to see how it handles in the snow. Not even 700 miles on it and I'm getting 27.5 MPG on the highway.

First 400 miles
By howard on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just finished the first 400 miles. Overall liked it. This vehicle was assembled in Japan, and it is much better than another new vehicle I test drove at the dealer (Same model but made in North America). That vehicle gets a lot of engine noise when I tried to accelerate. So I guess the build quality is different in different assembly plants. By the way, I asked the dealer to add the tailgate spoiler. I have to tell you: It looks much better than without it! I also installed a Honda remote engine remote starter. Was a little bit surprised when seeing the remoter - quick big and thick. It knocked my knee all the time during the driving, so I kept it at home, i.e not use it.

Disappointed
By pabatang on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Terrible! No pick-up power, poor acceleration, poor gas mileage, dangerous due to poor acceleration on the highway. For safety I have to trade in for a different make.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda CR-V Suv in VA is:

$109 per month*