2010 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Peeling grill paint & needs more power
By Tim H. on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This could be a fantastic vehicle with a few changes. 1. Needs more power 2. Fix this inherent problem with the peeling paint in the grill. I noticed it a day after I got it home. Seriously folks. Who in the hell wants to pay twenty five grand for a brand new car with peeling paint ? 3. Front seats have ridges on the sides of the bottoms making it difficult to get in and out of. Don't know what they were thinking there! Aside from those items, a great car.

Mistake
By Dave on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this for my wife with all of the options... This was our 4th CR-V and nothing but issues. Picked up from dealership took on road trip. Around 400 miles rack and pinion broke, hit rain storm no wipers, can't get more than 21 mpg on hwy, pieces coming off of dash, I have had it in the dealer for 5 weeks and they can't figure how to fix it. Keep getting run around. Will not buy another Honda and is a real shame as I have had about 10 over the past 20 years. I had also contacted Honda Corporate and they never returned a call or sent a note. They always want a good survey guess they can't take the bad and stick behind product.

My second Honda!
By 3 months ago on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I like everything about this vehicle except the lack of power. It has enough power to get you to point A,B,C,and all the way to z and back. I just think it can have a V6 engine. The door speakers could be larger to make that subwoofer sound like a BOSE system.

An above avg small SUV
By urpapa on 10/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Folks, this is just a small SUV, so don't expect too much on power and torque. And since it's "SUV", so don't expect its MPG better than your CIVIC either. Overall, a well built car with better than average power and MPG. I have no problem merging on freeways, cruising on streets. Comb MPG is always around 26. Worst MPG ever got was around 20 (mainly driven on streets). Handling is Honda typical, meaning good. You can drive it like a sedan except when you cornering. After all it's SUV. Nice thing to note is you can change oil once a YEAR. But to be kind to your car, and FGS, change the oil every 6 months.

Peeling Paint on Hood of Brand New CRV
By Reggie on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

As with some of the other reviewers this is my very FIRST new car ever. I had a 1998 SAAB prior. The CR-V is slow to accelerate in a pinch, does have multiple blind spots and now, peeling paint on hood which the Honda rep (brought in by the dealer) said was caused by BIRD POOP, that this happens all the time! They are fixing it as a "courtesy" since I first noticed it when the car was only 2.5 months old but, really, bird poop? There wasn't even bird poop on the car where it was peeling! Oh yeah, the other possible culprit was allegedly "tree sap" No noticeable tree sap in this area either. I have never, ever had a car with this problem, never mind a brand new car!! Seems totally crazy.

My pick
By woody on 10/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Good SUV some road noise do to tires wind noise average. Also drove escape rav 4 and Mitsubishi outlander. All 4 cylinder didn't like ravs dash escape was dated interior and rear seat fold design was poor. Liked mitsu but third row is a joke in this class and interior felt cheap in comparison to Toyota and Honda ex. Heater controls and seat adjusters. Mitsu was a close second but cost 2k more to get moonroof you had to get sound package I didn't want

Quality and Reliability
By PT Lewis on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After months of research the Honda CR-V won when comparing it with the GMC Terrain and Chevy Equinox. SAFETY: - The Honda CR-V has a track record that GM can not touch when it comes to safety. The CR-V wins in this category, a very important category. RELIABILITY: - GM has released its new 4 cylinder engine which does not have enough market time to reliably understand build quality. Honda wins here. EXTERIOR/INTERIOR DESIGN: - GM has done a wonderful job with its aggressive looks but the inside feels tight and shell like. Honda wins for better interior feel and room. RESELL VALUE: My final decision was based on resell value. An obvious Honda advantage = Honda Wins. Enjoy your Honda!!

Great Car!
By don927 on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned my CR-V for almost 4 months and I couldn't be happier! Just returned from a 4,500-mile trip out west and got 28 mpg. Performance in the mountains (Yellowstone and Montana) was not a problem. I'm averaging 23-25 mpg with short trips around town. Acceleration has been more than adequate. This car is fun to drive!

A Great Vehicle!
By layabout1000 on 10/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought a 2010 CR-V for myself and a 2010 Accord for my wife. We love driving them!

Should have stuck with my 2006 Altima
By Jack on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My first new car purchase ever, and I am very sorry for buying this car. People are amazed that one couldn't be happy with a new car, but while CR-V has great comfort, notable reliability. When I did a Test Drive I felt good. But on the way back to my place there was tons of vibration on the steering wheel and when called Honda they just blamed the Continental tires and immediately got confirmation from the tires guy saying the tires are in a very good condition and the RIMS are not good. When spoke to Honda dealer they are giving bull stories and not trying to fix the prob. I am really regretting my decision of buying CRV. Need to wait and see still how many days i need to wait for this.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda CR-V Suv in NJ is:

$186 per month*