2010 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Clunker level MPG 17.4
By Maria on 02/17/10 06:57 AM (PST)

2010 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am utterly disappointed with the mileage I'm getting per gallon. It's brand new and I've driven it 1200 miles. I'm getting 17.4 mpg. Unbelievable, both highway and city driving. On slippery or snowy roads, it slides easily. I am going to try to return it.

My first SUV
By Oldengineer on 02/09/10 20:35 PM (PST)

2010 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The CRV is the first SUV I've ever owned - having driven sedans for 40+ years. The vehicle drives and handles like an excellent sedan. I find it very comfortable on long trips. The engine performs decently enough and is well matched to the smooth shifting 5 speed automatic. I like the interior room and the large cargo capacity. Even though my CRV is an entry level model, its reasonably well equipped. Build quality is excellent, and the interior appears to be of high quality. My only beef with the CRV is its so-so fuel economy at interstate speeds. Other than that I'm very satisfied with the vehicle.

Blown Engine on New CRV!!!
By chrism07924 on 02/08/10 13:45 PM (PST)

2010 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

At 146 miles, the engine self destructed. The service center told me cylinder head 1 had no compression. When they took the engine apart, they found a part had actually fallen into the cylinder itself, a rod, or something. Now, I'm told it will be 3-4 weeks, at least, to get a new engine. I only drove the vehicle for 3 days! Unbelievable. Very disappointed.

Another CRV
By JNA on 02/06/10 10:23 AM (PST)

2010 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in a 2000 CRV and definitely like evolution of the car to include creature comforts like seat warmers, XM radio, USB port for MP3 player. Was ready to move to a small sedan or another small SUV, but the CRV is still the best overall package for me.

little fast truck
By kiko on 02/02/10 20:31 PM (PST)

2010 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bouncy ride which is probably what is expected from an SUV. Felt that the acceleration is very good compared to my 1990 and 2001 Accord. Not as comfortable as the Accord. Very stable on the turns and curves and can handle the turns at a good speed. Steering feels like there is a subtle bias towards the left although when you take your hands off the steering wheel it goes straight. Wheels appear to be aligned by the even tire wear.The brakes are well adjusted and very good stopping, better than my 2001 Accord.Probably I got to get used to the SUV feel instead of comparing it to a car. Noise level is minimal to me.

Very Good Value for the price.
By Imran on 01/29/10 08:31 AM (PST)

2010 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was debating between a RAV-4 and CR- V. I choose CR-V because it looks better outside, and the interior is nicer. I also stuck with Honda because my previous Hondas gave me excellent service. CR-V is comfortable, handles well, and has a nice feel of a bigger vehicle. It is averaging at 24 MPG. To me, addition of extra horsepower for 2010 is good but still meager. Honda needs to put a bigger powerplant to make this vehicle stand-out above the rest. A 2.7 liter four cylinder will do the CR- V right. I also gave thought to the new Chevy Equinox but it costs more than the comparable CR-V. All in all, I feel that I made a good choice even though CR-V can use more power.

Honda CR-V
By sjt on 01/28/10 09:02 AM (PST)

2010 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

People often ask me "how do you like your new car," and I have to answer the truth...."Nice car, good, but not great." Looks good, nice features, decent mileage I am getting about 21.6 mpg as I drive 15 miles a day within a 40 mph speed limit. Between 40-50 mph the car does not drive smoothly. It seems the engine is "confused" about what gear to be in and drives like it is in 5th gear, but should be in 4th....it is an automatic. This is annoying and I drove another 2010 and it did the same thing. Something I just have to get used to...

LOVE my CR-V!!!
By Laguna Mom on 01/27/10 22:07 PM (PST)

2010 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've only had it for a week, but it's wonderful and I love it. It's my first non-minivan in over 20 years. I was worried about giving up the seating, but no problem. The back storage area is great. I like that the car is higher up than my Odyssey and the cargo area is easily accessible plus the horizontal divider has been a great plus. I maxed out with an EX-L with navigation so I also have XM radio, backup camera and moonroof. The interior materials are very nice and the driver's seat is very comfortable.

Overall a good car - except a few things
By R G on 01/19/10 15:08 PM (PST)

2010 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased a 2010 CR-V EX-L with NAV a few months ago. Overall, a good car. It took me a few weeks to get used to the V-4 engine with less power. I was driving a V-6 car before.

Great little SUV
By Hondaboy on 01/15/10 20:09 PM (PST)

2010 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Looked at Rogue, Forester, Rav 4 etc. They're all very similar. CRV seemed like best choice. Classic Honda, simple, fun to drive. One minor gripe, I wish the steering wheel would tilt down one more click. AWD was excellent in snow. Overall pleased with purchase.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda CR-V in VA is:

$109 per month*