2010 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
NICE..but
By Jerry on 03/17/10 20:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased the CR-V EX-L for my wife. Love the styling - inside and out. Leather is high quality. Like other owners, think a bigger engine (V6?) would be a plus. However, seems peppy enough when starting from a red light or merging onto highway. Dash is nice, except the LCD portion in the middle - too cluttered. Also, note no scheduled printed maintenance manual - have to rely on the LCD screen "Maintenance Minder" with a one or two digit code - I like to know in advance what's coming up (i.e.: oil change, or major $$$ service.) Also thought mileage would be better than around 21 m.p.g. (50/50 highway / city.) I think it is an excellent small car-like SUV. Sharp car - no problems.

MPG
By Diane on 03/17/10 18:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I recently bought my 2010 CR-V. I love just about everything about it with the exception of the black cloth interior. It's not very comfortable and shows every speck of dirt. If I had known it was going to collect dirt I would have got leather. Also the gas mileage in town is only 20 mpg consistently. I haven't taken on a road trip yet so can't comment on the best mileage it will get.

They don't build them like they use to..
By Reggie-D on 03/16/10 20:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I like this vehicle.. believe it !! But Honda does not build vehicles like they use to. I understand they may have to make concessions to keep their vehicles affordable. But they maybe getting close to the edge. The CR-V has too much PLASTIC !! ... On the dash, in and around all 4 doors and the cargo area. The interior fit is not always even. The emergency brake is a petal, you push it to engage it, and push it harder to release it - concession? Don't expect a posh ride, it feels like a small truck (which it is). No center console in the EX trim A DEFINITE CONCESSION... Steep learning curve for some controls.

Excellent!
By Carl Farg on 03/16/10 14:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

As our boys are getting older, we decided it was time to downsize from a Toyota Sienna to a compact SUV. We considered all makes but we kept returning to the CR-V and we could not be happier. The features are spot on and all the controls are well thought out. It has plenty of power even when hauling around 4 adults and their gear. There is a bit of wind/road noise, but it was a lot less then competitive vehicles like the RAV4. We were a bit concerned that it would be under powered, especially compared to the V-6 in our Sienna, but it is just fine.

2010 CR-V EX-L
By JLHDU on 03/15/10 00:10 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my third Honda and first CR- V. I am very happy with my V. It has plenty of interior room, except when my 5 y/o son attempts to sit behind me while I am driving. His legs are too short and end up against the back of my seat. Otherwise, I know what to expect with a Honda...excellence! Granted it doesn't ride like my BMW 740i but it is bound to be reliable. The only ride issue I've noticed is that you definitely feel nearly every bump you drive over. If Honda could just soften the ride, they would have an even better vehicle. Ergonomically, the interior design is very good. Of the vehicles in the V's class and at the 25k price range, the V is the best buy on the market!

Our First Honda
By SJC Sr. on 03/13/10 10:34 AM (PST)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have driven it for two months now. Love it. Feels like a larger vehicle and the handling is great. Has taken some time to adjust to the 4cyl, but is enough power for us. Getting 21 mpg doing real short trips and 26 mpg on longer runs.

Satisfied with my CR-V
By AG on 03/10/10 10:40 AM (PST)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

So far so good with my Honda CR-V. The driving is smooth and pleasant. It is a great vehicle for city and mountain driving. It is also high enough off the ground to make it easier to sit my baby in her car seat. It is roomy enough and the interior is fine enough. Nice car overall and classy compared to other SUVs.

Poor Audio & Brake is funny
By Haligi on 03/08/10 15:43 PM (PST)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Audio sound increase when I am driving, I don't know why but I ask the dispatching staff of T&T Honda Calgary, he told me its a design from Honda to increase its volume once you accelerated. And the brake is not as good as my old CR-V 2006, there is some funny situation when I used the brake, it stops but not good stop. I don't like also the head rest of the 2nd row

Very Good SUV
By Smolenski7 on 02/28/10 06:46 AM (PST)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Overall I very much like my CR-V. Before this I had a '02 Saturn Vue, and although I definitely miss it (I miss the control of the manual tranny), I prefer the CR-V. It has great acceleration for a 4cyl. engine, handles well, and the fit and finish can't be beat for the price.

Luv My CR-V
By Don on 02/19/10 13:01 PM (PST)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great vehicle. Traded my 03 Accord 6 cyl in for this vehicle and not disappointed. Ease of getting in and out is great. Very roomy. Looks great.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda CR-V Suv in VA is:

$109 per month*