2010 Honda CR-V LX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2010 CR-V Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Sort Reviews by

Massive corrosion on our NEW CRV 2010
By tandori

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have less than 1,600 miles on this 4 month old car. We have hardly driven it. We took it in to the dealership due to a thumping noise in the brakes. When the car was jacked up, there was MASSIVE corrosion and rust underneath. The dealership is trying to blame this on us even though we have hardly driven the car and have kept it under carport with a concrete floor. We have not mistreated this car in ANY way.

Favorite Features

NONE, our enjoyment of this vehicle has been completely colored by being treated with a lack of integrity by the dealership.

Suggested Improvements

Honda dealerships should learn to treat customers with some integrity and fairness.

NICE..but
By Jerry

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased the CR-V EX-L for my wife. Love the styling - inside and out. Leather is high quality. Like other owners, think a bigger engine (V6?) would be a plus. However, seems peppy enough when starting from a red light or merging onto highway. Dash is nice, except the LCD portion in the middle - too cluttered. Also, note no scheduled printed maintenance manual - have to rely on the LCD screen "Maintenance Minder" with a one or two digit code - I like to know in advance what's coming up (i.e.: oil change, or major $$$ service.) Also thought mileage would be better than around 21 m.p.g. (50/50 highway / city.) I think it is an excellent small car-like SUV. Sharp car - no problems.

Favorite Features

Styling. XM Radio. Heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

V6 engine. Brighter low beam headlights.

MPG
By Diane

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I recently bought my 2010 CR-V. I love just about everything about it with the exception of the black cloth interior. It's not very comfortable and shows every speck of dirt. If I had known it was going to collect dirt I would have got leather. Also the gas mileage in town is only 20 mpg consistently. I haven't taken on a road trip yet so can't comment on the best mileage it will get.

Favorite Features

Easy to maneuver around town.

Suggested Improvements

Different material for seats and more choices of color.

They don't build them like they use to..
By Reggie-D

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I like this vehicle.. believe it !! But Honda does not build vehicles like they use to. I understand they may have to make concessions to keep their vehicles affordable. But they maybe getting close to the edge. The CR-V has too much PLASTIC !! ... On the dash, in and around all 4 doors and the cargo area. The interior fit is not always even. The emergency brake is a petal, you push it to engage it, and push it harder to release it - concession? Don't expect a posh ride, it feels like a small truck (which it is). No center console in the EX trim A DEFINITE CONCESSION... Steep learning curve for some controls.

Favorite Features

Good starting speed..quick Map lights. Sun Roof (tilt) Good Car Manual. plenty of add-ons you can order. In dash CD player.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage... Adjustable Headlights Center console for EX trim... Different type of Emergency Brake. Better audio range for door speakers.

Excellent!
By Carl Farg

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

As our boys are getting older, we decided it was time to downsize from a Toyota Sienna to a compact SUV. We considered all makes but we kept returning to the CR-V and we could not be happier. The features are spot on and all the controls are well thought out. It has plenty of power even when hauling around 4 adults and their gear. There is a bit of wind/road noise, but it was a lot less then competitive vehicles like the RAV4. We were a bit concerned that it would be under powered, especially compared to the V-6 in our Sienna, but it is just fine.

Favorite Features

* Smooth running, quiet engine with plenty of power. * Power roof is a nice addition that we did not think we would enjoy; we were wrong. * Traditional Honda quality throughout. * Sits higher than our mini-van did. This helps improve viability. * Great sound system. * Comfortable on long drives.

Suggested Improvements

* Better sound proofing would be nice. It is not bad, but could be better with minimal effort. * A 6 speed transmission would be nice too.

2010 CR-V EX-L
By JLHDU

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my third Honda and first CR- V. I am very happy with my V. It has plenty of interior room, except when my 5 y/o son attempts to sit behind me while I am driving. His legs are too short and end up against the back of my seat. Otherwise, I know what to expect with a Honda...excellence! Granted it doesn't ride like my BMW 740i but it is bound to be reliable. The only ride issue I've noticed is that you definitely feel nearly every bump you drive over. If Honda could just soften the ride, they would have an even better vehicle. Ergonomically, the interior design is very good. Of the vehicles in the V's class and at the 25k price range, the V is the best buy on the market!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage and styling. On the first two tanks of gas I've averaged 25.9 and 26.2 miles per gallon driving to/from Washington D.C.

Suggested Improvements

Soften the ride over bumps. Tire makers make more options available for tires when they need replaced.

Our First Honda
By SJC Sr.

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have driven it for two months now. Love it. Feels like a larger vehicle and the handling is great. Has taken some time to adjust to the 4cyl, but is enough power for us. Getting 21 mpg doing real short trips and 26 mpg on longer runs.

Favorite Features

Easy to get into and out of, heated seats, driving visibility, rear seat room, rear storage and very easy to wash.

Suggested Improvements

Home Link and rear hatch release.

Satisfied with my CR-V
By AG

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

So far so good with my Honda CR-V. The driving is smooth and pleasant. It is a great vehicle for city and mountain driving. It is also high enough off the ground to make it easier to sit my baby in her car seat. It is roomy enough and the interior is fine enough. Nice car overall and classy compared to other SUVs.

Favorite Features

Looks, interior room, outside temperature readout, gas efficiency display, and baby car seat system for latching and safety. The dashboard design (lights colors) and layout is nice.

Suggested Improvements

I miss my Civic digital speed display that. The CR-V should also come with one in addition to the analog/traditional speed display. Also, the gas economy display should have an average readout that helps you see performance over time. Better fuel efficiency must be achieved,at least 30 mph on average.

Poor Audio & Brake is funny
By Haligi

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Audio sound increase when I am driving, I don't know why but I ask the dispatching staff of T&T Honda Calgary, he told me its a design from Honda to increase its volume once you accelerated. And the brake is not as good as my old CR-V 2006, there is some funny situation when I used the brake, it stops but not good stop. I don't like also the head rest of the 2nd row

Favorite Features

I like the Leather but just like a vinyl, I like the sounds but just like bullying me when I drove faster

Suggested Improvements

Smoother leather, bigger bottom of the dask board & lighter colors, at least 220 hp, detachable head rest 2nd. row, 18" to 19" wheels on higher model bluetooth on EX-L

Very Good SUV
By Smolenski7

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Overall I very much like my CR-V. Before this I had a '02 Saturn Vue, and although I definitely miss it (I miss the control of the manual tranny), I prefer the CR-V. It has great acceleration for a 4cyl. engine, handles well, and the fit and finish can't be beat for the price.

Favorite Features

My favorite thing about the CR-V is the style. It is a very nice looking SUV.

Suggested Improvements

Although it's a great car, nothing is perfect. I'm a bit disappointed about the mileage. Currently I'm getting 22.8mpg, that's with 4K miles, mostly HW. Also, the brakes are too sensitive. The car stops with the slightest touch of the break pad. Finally, I wish the cargo area was a little taller.