Used 2010 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

still early
By Mike D

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just got my new CRV-EXL. I left Honda 10 years ago for Lexus and then UGH! Cadillac. It's very early in the game but how could you not love this car? Awesome value, all the equipment I want, (except homelink, 4 auto mirrors and memory seats). Typical Honda, complete all around car. Excellent acceleration, nice handling, perfect combination of firm but not hard and soft but not mushy. Classic Honda fit and finish. Wonderful nav/audio combination. IPod integration is awesome. I could do without the voice command option, too much of a hassle. This car is just the right size. Big enough to fit passengers and cargo and small enough to be economical.

Ipod Integration, navigation

Homelink would be nice

Well Rounded Vehicle
By Hondadriver

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had the CRV for a month. I downsized from a Ridgeline (great vehicle). I do more city driving but still needed a little utility. This is my first 4 cylinder. Therefore, I was quite concerned about the power. But, I had the use of a 2008 CRV for a week and had no problems with merging, passing etc. I just need to allow more time. There was no noticeable difference between 166 hp and 180 hp. The vehicle is comfortable and roomy. I am 6-02. It is a well rounded vehicle that does not overly excel or fall short.

Comfort, USB, size, zippy around town, and one touch sunroof open (The Ridgeline did not have that feature).

The usual - Needs V6 power option, quieter, and a better stereo. I'm sure the 2012/13 redo will address these shortcomings. Also, have the key fob open the windows (Like the Ridgeline).

Very disappointed!
By Signature

2010 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have only had my car for a few weeks. So very disappointed in the gas mileage. 14.5 around town, 19 on highway. Spoke to our sales guy and he said it takes about 8500 miles before break in. It's only 4 cylinder. If this is the way it is, then I want to give it back! So disappointed about that.

Stop looking right now!
By Honda fan

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

You must stop looking for a car! The Honda CR-V is where you need to be. Hondas have been reliable for us since 2005, when we bought our first Odyssey. Now we have a Civic, fit and now a CR-V. The ride is soft yet firm around turns. However, road noise is a bit excessive.

Smooth ride, navi is great, sound system is powerful.

Maybe integrate the active sound control system that is used in the Accord crosstour

Loved my OLD CR-V
By Jamie

2010 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in my 2008 CR-V due to high mileage and great trade-in offer. Loved that zippy car, so it made perfect sense to trade it in. Have almost 7K miles on 2010 and am very disappointed in the mileage - was told I could expect 30/31 mpg. I barely squeak out 26 and that's if I'm holding at a steady 50 going downhill. The least bit acceleration and I can barely get out of my own way. Runs nothing like my 2008, which ran smooth and had power to pass when needed. Easily got 28/30 as mainly drive hwy. The pickup is slow and you can hear the gears downshifting to pickup speed - nothing like good ol' 2008. Sorry I traded up, I mean down..

Sunroof - miss the heated seats of the 2008. Miss the 2008 overall.

Fix the gears! V6 would be great if it continues to run this poorly. Improve the gas mileage as promised. If you can't deliver it - don't use it as a selling point.