Used 2010 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 177 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Very Disappointed
By RR

2010 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Took this on lease just this month- maybe I still need to figure out features and vehicle still in breaking in period, but overall very disappointed with it. Noisy engine/ ac compressor, very poor pickup, difficult accelerating into a highway, fuel consumption around 17 mpg, stiff suspension transmits bumps straight through to passengers. Cheap interior design- driver seat arm rest needs getting used to, Bluetooth device linked to nav system does not display incoming call number, nav system configured to show roads as us# rather than road names. Wouldn't recommend- test drive RAV4 (comes with either bluetooth/nav but not both), or Subaru Forester (might have to wait-not readily available)

Back seat space is good

Engine is horribly underpowered and so far a gas guzzler- still in early breaking in period- will give updates. Nav system needs to be completely revamped. Features need to be improved- e.g. many may not miss the tire pressure monitoring system, but to have a top of line car without fog lamps? etc

Poor Acceleration
By honda owner

2010 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned the car for 4 months now. My main complaint is the sluggish acceleration. When I start moving, I can push the acceleration pedal to the floor and its acceleration is pathetic! I am not sure whether it has to do with the engine size or other problem, but even the service at the dealer was surprised how little acceleration this car has. yet, he could not find anything mechanically wrong with it. I would definitely not have bought it, if I knew about this problem. And it's a safety problem too - when you need to clear an intersection fast upon traffic light change, the car just slowly rolls through the intersection. Very disappointing!

Great lil' SUV
By bubbadawg

2010 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is our fourth Honda, but first CR-V. We were looking for a smaller SUV that got decent mpg, and the CR-V won out. We looked at the RAV-4 (too small for me), Sante Fe (too small for me). Seriously considered the new Jeep Cherokee, but was once told to never fly or drive the "A" model of anything. Plus, there is no comparison in MPG between the Jeep and CR-V. We would like to have a little more room in the cargo area, but we make it work. Averaging over 26 mpg on the highway doing 75 over rolling hills. Not a V-8, but decent pick up for a 4 banger (180 hp). Definitely have to plan ahead to pass on a two- lane road though! My wife loves her new UAV (Urban Attack Vehicle).

Comfortable leather seats. Lots of room in the back seat. Easy to drive around town with decent visibility. Good MPG (26++ highway)

Decrease the road noise please (Did notice on the test drive that the EX was quieter than the LX though). Improve the center console. Make fog lamps standard on the EX. V6 option would be nice. Almost went with the RAV4, but it was too tight for me while driving.

still early
By Mike D

2010 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just got my new CRV-EXL. I left Honda 10 years ago for Lexus and then UGH! Cadillac. It's very early in the game but how could you not love this car? Awesome value, all the equipment I want, (except homelink, 4 auto mirrors and memory seats). Typical Honda, complete all around car. Excellent acceleration, nice handling, perfect combination of firm but not hard and soft but not mushy. Classic Honda fit and finish. Wonderful nav/audio combination. IPod integration is awesome. I could do without the voice command option, too much of a hassle. This car is just the right size. Big enough to fit passengers and cargo and small enough to be economical.

Ipod Integration, navigation

Homelink would be nice

Well Rounded Vehicle
By Hondadriver

2010 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had the CRV for a month. I downsized from a Ridgeline (great vehicle). I do more city driving but still needed a little utility. This is my first 4 cylinder. Therefore, I was quite concerned about the power. But, I had the use of a 2008 CRV for a week and had no problems with merging, passing etc. I just need to allow more time. There was no noticeable difference between 166 hp and 180 hp. The vehicle is comfortable and roomy. I am 6-02. It is a well rounded vehicle that does not overly excel or fall short.

Comfort, USB, size, zippy around town, and one touch sunroof open (The Ridgeline did not have that feature).

The usual - Needs V6 power option, quieter, and a better stereo. I'm sure the 2012/13 redo will address these shortcomings. Also, have the key fob open the windows (Like the Ridgeline).