2010 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Hate it
By anitagoodcar on 04/18/14 03:29 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this new to replace the Toyota Sienna that kept breaking down. Replaced tires, windshield wipers and a few other components before year one. Same complaints as others...plastic bits falling off, poor acceleration, weird noises. Battery problems, computer problems, have nicknamed it HAL from 2001. If it starts singing, "Daisy, Daisy" I am leaving it on the side of the road.

20k review
By halflung on 10/26/11 19:57 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the CRV in October of 2010 at Honda of San Marcos, Texas. I purchased from them as they treat you like family there. Averaged 25.4 MPG for the first 14K, service was needed around 7k. At the 2nd service call, recalls to update injectors and something else was done. My wife then went on a 6K trip and averaged 28.1 MPG. The tire air pressure light is somewhat of a pain when there are temperature swings, showing under inflated tires when the temperature drops. Very happy with vehicle overall.

My second Honda!
By 3 months ago on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I like everything about this vehicle except the lack of power. It has enough power to get you to point A,B,C,and all the way to z and back. I just think it can have a V6 engine. The door speakers could be larger to make that subwoofer sound like a BOSE system.

Need More Power
By cwp on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great little SUV. Pleased with the ride & handling but it needs more power. Takes awhile to pass a large truck. Road noise is too much. Needs to be quieter. Great little car to take to the beach.

Honda CR-V 2010 Good and Bad
By New to Honda CRV on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought an EX-L and drove it home last night. I really hate the driver side arm rest. It is not comfortable, too short and narrow. My arm kept falling off. I also noticed that the center console in the back seat fold down for drinks and an arm rest but it folds down at an angle. the drinks would spill. It is slanted down about 25 degrees. Also, the bright beam head lights seem to point up at the trees and not at the street. The lower beam lights are pointed at the street correctly but actually illuminate the road much better than the bright beams!! I am taking it back to the dealer next week to see if they can do anything. They may have to replace the drink holder in the back seat.

Our Experience
By dick M on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Our 1st SUV- most pleased with the comfort, great vision and workmanship of this CR-V the sales and management staff at Cramer's is on the level of the luxury car staffs that we have been dealing with for over 15 years.

My first suv
By grandmaelk on 09/02/10 19:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I loved my Saturn and they went away. I needed a new car, small and up off the ground. All research led to Honda CR-V. I have only had it a few days but love it. My Husband has a Yukon and I am just as comfortable in the CR-V. Visibility is much better than I expected. I like the interior layout. Not too overdone. I have leather interior which helps avoid the cheap look of the fabric interior. I love that the Ipod hook up accepts flash drives. I do not have the Ipod brand (boycotting) and the drive allows me to listen to all my music and not worry about my MP3, But Honda needs to look at Hyundai, they are a close second.

Great lil' SUV
By bubbadawg on 08/22/10 17:51 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is our fourth Honda, but first CR-V. We were looking for a smaller SUV that got decent mpg, and the CR-V won out. We looked at the RAV-4 (too small for me), Sante Fe (too small for me). Seriously considered the new Jeep Cherokee, but was once told to never fly or drive the "A" model of anything. Plus, there is no comparison in MPG between the Jeep and CR-V. We would like to have a little more room in the cargo area, but we make it work. Averaging over 26 mpg on the highway doing 75 over rolling hills. Not a V-8, but decent pick up for a 4 banger (180 hp). Definitely have to plan ahead to pass on a two- lane road though! My wife loves her new UAV (Urban Attack Vehicle).

Happy to be back in the Honda Family
By dwm2112 on 07/23/10 19:32 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We took a 18 year break from Honda and are happy to return in the CR-V. The vehicle is comfortable and performs well from a mechanical viewpoint. Gas mileage is better than EPA ratings which was a primary driver for the purchase. Our other vehicle is a Toyota 4Runner with V8 so it is not so great on gas. The CR-V while smaller compares well with the Toyota other than the obvious significant difference in power. That is not to say the CR-V performs unsatisfactorily as I really enjoy driving it. You just have to drive it differently. If you are considering purchasing I think you will be very happy if you proceed with the purchase. Back in the Honda family again!

No Regrets
By neonbright on 07/23/10 08:29 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Honda and I love it. My research for a new vehicle was extensive and over 8 months long. I finally decided on a small SUV or Crossover, it came down to 3 SUVs. Honda CR-V, Ford Escape and Nissan Rouge. The Nissan Rouge was easily ruled out, small trunk area and other personally wants. So it was down to the Honda CR-V and Ford Escape, and the Honda CR-V won. Yes the CR-V may cost a little more but it is worth it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda CR-V Suv in VA is:

$117 per month*