2010 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Peeling grill paint & needs more power
By Tim H. on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This could be a fantastic vehicle with a few changes. 1. Needs more power 2. Fix this inherent problem with the peeling paint in the grill. I noticed it a day after I got it home. Seriously folks. Who in the hell wants to pay twenty five grand for a brand new car with peeling paint ? 3. Front seats have ridges on the sides of the bottoms making it difficult to get in and out of. Don't know what they were thinking there! Aside from those items, a great car.

Very Please
By MiamiCRV1 on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just picked up a built in Japan CR-V. I previously had a 2002 CR-V and have to say that the 2010 model is more poised, comfortable and fun to drive. I still don't understand all the criticism about acceleration. The CR-V is not and will never be a V8 Mustang. It definitely has enough pickup to get you where you want to go comfortably and is agile enough to keep up with the more aggressive drivers you find here in Miami. I don't care what the statistics, pundits or Honda says. The vehicles built in Japan definitely have an edge in quality and fit and finish. Overall, we're extremely satisfied.

3000 mile review.
By CRV Owner on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

So far, so good. The CR-V definitely leads the small SUV class in terms of refinement and build quality. No question there. As noted elsewhere (everywhere?), the low-end power (torque) is lacking on the CR-V; however, once you're at cruising speed the power is adequate for normal, safe, efficient driving maneuvers. The only thing that would have made me second guess the purchase is if I lived in a hilly or mountainous region--those are the times when you can really feel/hear the 4 cylinder working hard to propel the vehicle's substantial weight. Otherwise, the CR-V is a pleasure to drive. It feels nimble, reliable, and inspires a feeling of safety on the road.

First 400 miles
By howard on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just finished the first 400 miles. Overall liked it. This vehicle was assembled in Japan, and it is much better than another new vehicle I test drove at the dealer (Same model but made in North America). That vehicle gets a lot of engine noise when I tried to accelerate. So I guess the build quality is different in different assembly plants. By the way, I asked the dealer to add the tailgate spoiler. I have to tell you: It looks much better than without it! I also installed a Honda remote engine remote starter. Was a little bit surprised when seeing the remoter - quick big and thick. It knocked my knee all the time during the driving, so I kept it at home, i.e not use it.

The first 100 miles
By Howard on 09/05/10 12:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just pass the 100 miles! This car came straightly from Japan and had only single digits on it. Overall it is a good car and handling is very good. Yes, it does have the wind noise as others commented. Engine noise varied - The one I bought is much better than another CR-V I test drove at dealer (Made in diff plant). So I guess there exists some diff among plants. By the way, I installed the remote starter, which is a little bit and heavy in the pocket - a small surprise.

Very pleased thus far
By brenda on 05/24/10 18:09 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Up to today, I can say I'm quite pleased and happy with my CR-V. It's just right for me and my family. I enjoy it's peppiness and comfort. And it's fun to drive! We just took it on a 5 hr road trip with no complaints. I also love the glacier blue color. Very pleased with this purchase. I hope I continue to enjoy it.

Everything I Wanted
By Michelle on 05/11/10 15:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My CR-V is a great car; it is actually the first car I have ever purchased on my own. It is an all around great ride; a week after I bought it, I made a trip to Tahoe from LA - it was excellent! Gas mileage is great considering the size of the car and the terrain that I drive in (i.e. lots of mountain driving for snowboarding). And the traction control is FANTASTIC! I didn't even need chains this season!

They don't build them like they use to..
By Reggie-D on 03/16/10 20:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I like this vehicle.. believe it !! But Honda does not build vehicles like they use to. I understand they may have to make concessions to keep their vehicles affordable. But they maybe getting close to the edge. The CR-V has too much PLASTIC !! ... On the dash, in and around all 4 doors and the cargo area. The interior fit is not always even. The emergency brake is a petal, you push it to engage it, and push it harder to release it - concession? Don't expect a posh ride, it feels like a small truck (which it is). No center console in the EX trim A DEFINITE CONCESSION... Steep learning curve for some controls.

Excellent!
By Carl Farg on 03/16/10 14:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

As our boys are getting older, we decided it was time to downsize from a Toyota Sienna to a compact SUV. We considered all makes but we kept returning to the CR-V and we could not be happier. The features are spot on and all the controls are well thought out. It has plenty of power even when hauling around 4 adults and their gear. There is a bit of wind/road noise, but it was a lot less then competitive vehicles like the RAV4. We were a bit concerned that it would be under powered, especially compared to the V-6 in our Sienna, but it is just fine.

Love my CR-V
By MamaG on 12/15/09 06:37 AM (PST)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have had my CRV for almost 3 months now. Bought a 2010 sight-unseen after my 16 year old acura was stolen from the driveway. I have a 4 year old, and knew I'd be giving up my youth when I finally upgraded to the much needed SUV. But, after driving every other crossover and small SUV available, was pleasantly surprised when I finally tried the 2009 CRV. With the extra horse-power even being added for the 2010, decided to purchase it before it was on the lot. It is quick and handles great. I can fit everything I need and not feel like I'm navigating a small barge through the city.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda CR-V Suv in VA is:

$115 per month*