Used 2010 Honda CR-V EX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Peeling grill paint & needs more power
By Tim H.

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This could be a fantastic vehicle with a few changes. 1. Needs more power 2. Fix this inherent problem with the peeling paint in the grill. I noticed it a day after I got it home. Seriously folks. Who in the hell wants to pay twenty five grand for a brand new car with peeling paint ? 3. Front seats have ridges on the sides of the bottoms making it difficult to get in and out of. Don't know what they were thinking there! Aside from those items, a great car.

More power, Fix the paint issue and get the stupid ridges off the front seats.

Very Please
By MiamiCRV1

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just picked up a built in Japan CR-V. I previously had a 2002 CR-V and have to say that the 2010 model is more poised, comfortable and fun to drive. I still don't understand all the criticism about acceleration. The CR-V is not and will never be a V8 Mustang. It definitely has enough pickup to get you where you want to go comfortably and is agile enough to keep up with the more aggressive drivers you find here in Miami. I don't care what the statistics, pundits or Honda says. The vehicles built in Japan definitely have an edge in quality and fit and finish. Overall, we're extremely satisfied.

I like the look of the steering wheel and center stack. Radio has a nice rich sound. And it cruises comfortably and quietly on the highway

Like everyone else, I'd rather see 175 lbs. of torque then a contrived 180HP. But as I mentioned the car's engine is more then adequate for everyday use.

3000 mile review.
By CRV Owner

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

So far, so good. The CR-V definitely leads the small SUV class in terms of refinement and build quality. No question there. As noted elsewhere (everywhere?), the low-end power (torque) is lacking on the CR-V; however, once you're at cruising speed the power is adequate for normal, safe, efficient driving maneuvers. The only thing that would have made me second guess the purchase is if I lived in a hilly or mountainous region--those are the times when you can really feel/hear the 4 cylinder working hard to propel the vehicle's substantial weight. Otherwise, the CR-V is a pleasure to drive. It feels nimble, reliable, and inspires a feeling of safety on the road.

Build quality is excellent inside and out, interior design is unparalleled in the class, front seats are comfortable for the long haul (but might be a bit of a squeeze for a fatty).

Increased low-end power, better stereo, and more MPG would all be nice.

First 400 miles
By howard

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just finished the first 400 miles. Overall liked it. This vehicle was assembled in Japan, and it is much better than another new vehicle I test drove at the dealer (Same model but made in North America). That vehicle gets a lot of engine noise when I tried to accelerate. So I guess the build quality is different in different assembly plants. By the way, I asked the dealer to add the tailgate spoiler. I have to tell you: It looks much better than without it! I also installed a Honda remote engine remote starter. Was a little bit surprised when seeing the remoter - quick big and thick. It knocked my knee all the time during the driving, so I kept it at home, i.e not use it.

Overall good, but nothing stands out. Like the display of instant and average MPG.

Yes, as other drivers mentioned: You do hear the wind noise across the side mirrors

The first 100 miles
By Howard

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just pass the 100 miles! This car came straightly from Japan and had only single digits on it. Overall it is a good car and handling is very good. Yes, it does have the wind noise as others commented. Engine noise varied - The one I bought is much better than another CR-V I test drove at dealer (Made in diff plant). So I guess there exists some diff among plants. By the way, I installed the remote starter, which is a little bit and heavy in the pocket - a small surprise.

Overall, great. But nothing stands out to me

Seat bottom is a little bit hard