2010 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Honda slow to resolve issues.
By wadelovell on 05/16/14 13:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The CRV has been revised since the 2011 model so the rear tire wear problems may have been addressed by now. If not, plan to spend $500 - $1,500 a year on tires depending on your driving habits. The rears cup or scallop just as the did on the CIVIC but HONDA has yet (May 2014) to issue a technical service bulletin to correct the CRV.

Hate it
By anitagoodcar on 04/18/14 03:29 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this new to replace the Toyota Sienna that kept breaking down. Replaced tires, windshield wipers and a few other components before year one. Same complaints as others...plastic bits falling off, poor acceleration, weird noises. Battery problems, computer problems, have nicknamed it HAL from 2001. If it starts singing, "Daisy, Daisy" I am leaving it on the side of the road.

Excellent First Impression
By ptl3wis on 08/22/13 06:41 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I began my journey reviewing the GMC Terrain, Chevy Equinox, Toyota RAV4, and of course the Honda CR-V. Although many of these vehicles are great and capable vehicles for my needs, I found that the Honda CR-V beat them all in comfort, build quality, and value. My biggest liking is the gas mileage and the storage capacity. Both of these are outstanding for a AWD vehicle such as the CR-V. Also, the price point is great considering what you get in the EX-L package (Leather, Sunroof, Heated Seats/Mirrors, Etc...) After 3 years of ownership, I have over 60K miles and average 25MPG (30% city, 70% highway). Definitely consider the CR-V when looking for your next SUV.

First Honda, Seat belt trouble
By mmc24 on 02/23/13 11:43 AM (PST)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

So far, I'm just getting used to my first Honda after 20 years of driving Pontiac Grand Prix. This vehicle of course does not have the luxury of a Grand Prix but it does have many fine qualities, one of which is the AWD which I really like. However, I have twin 5yr old grandchildren and it is almost impossible to get their car seats buckled in the back seat. The belt will not latch without the most extreme effort as the buckle part extending from the seat recedes when you try to latch it. As I pick them up from school everyday this has become a serious problem as well as the nuisance of getting your clothes dirty from leaning over the door rim to try to reach the buckle.

2010 Honda CRV EX-L AWD
By chucko420 on 12/11/12 22:30 PM (PST)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Pros: No problems so far, good gas mileage, not much service work required except frequent changing of rear differential fluid, interior is designed well, lots of room for driver & front seat passenger, good placement of shifter & emergency brake opens up lots of space, arm rests are nice, fold flat rear seats are great, lots of cargo space, low rear end gives easy access to cargo area. Cons: sloppy handling, noisy, poor visability trying to see out rear window or rear side windows but all cars are like this now, heated seat for front passenger only works the lower seat cushion and not your back, front bumper unnecessarily large.

Love my CR-V!!!
By crv_lover on 08/13/12 15:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my CR-V in the spring of 2010. It was ordered from the factory and arrived a month after ordering. My biggest complaint with the car is the open front seat floor area. Cans, bottles, etc can roll from the back seat into the front seat & under the pedals. Having said that, I LOVE this little suv!!! Yes, it's a bit sluggish on the acceleration. If you wanted a sports car BUY a sportscar!!! I have taken this vehicle off roading and it performs very well. First set of tires seemed to go rather quickly but the tires that came with it were not the highest quality. I have 25,000 miles on it and am still having fun with it!

Lease end decision
By nyken on 08/02/12 16:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The lease on my 2010 CRV- EXL is up in a few months. I most likely will be looking to replace this with something other than a Honda. For 3 years I have never really bonded with this vehicle. It is not much fun to drive. Acceleration is sluggish and handling is just OK. The ride is very noisy and it rides more like a truck than a car. I have been dissipointed with performance in the snopw. It just does not feel very sure footed and slips and slides. I have not had any serious problems with this vehicle, but the OEM tires wore out after only 15K miles. The dealer service department always comes across with an attitude. Good bye Honda

Bad Tires, CD players and Poorly Assembled
By kalam1970 on 03/15/12 10:20 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my NEW Honda CR-V in Feb 2010. It was assembled in Mexico. On the basis of reliability reputation of 'Honda', I decided to buy CR-V out of 3 choices- CR-V, RAV4 and Subaru Forester. In Feb 2010, Toyota was giving very good deal (0% APR) and Forester was rated the best. However, price for RAV4 and Forester was $1000 more than CR-V LX. As I thought I got good deal and I don't have any 'Brand' biasness, I bought CR-V. After 2yrs and driving 21,000 miles, it needs tire changed costing me $850. I am disappointed. Honda did not keep up its reputation. Plastic things fall off, clock runs fast, CD player get very hot within short time. Make noise when starts moving due to loose plastic...

20k review
By halflung on 10/26/11 19:57 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the CRV in October of 2010 at Honda of San Marcos, Texas. I purchased from them as they treat you like family there. Averaged 25.4 MPG for the first 14K, service was needed around 7k. At the 2nd service call, recalls to update injectors and something else was done. My wife then went on a 6K trip and averaged 28.1 MPG. The tire air pressure light is somewhat of a pain when there are temperature swings, showing under inflated tires when the temperature drops. Very happy with vehicle overall.

Will have to change tires in 1 year :(
By hondaduras on 08/23/11 10:28 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had the CR-V for a year. I REALLY like it. BUT I was dissappointed to find out that I have to buy new tires after only 1 year. The original tires got cupped because they have the LOWEST possible wear-rating of 360. So, keep this in mind when buying. Otherwise, I am very satisfied with the CR-V.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda CR-V Suv in VA is:

$109 per month*