Used 2010 Honda CR-V LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Honda slow to resolve issues.
By wadelovell

2010 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The CRV has been revised since the 2011 model so the rear tire wear problems may have been addressed by now. If not, plan to spend $500 - $1,500 a year on tires depending on your driving habits. The rears cup or scallop just as the did on the CIVIC but HONDA has yet (May 2014) to issue a technical service bulletin to correct the CRV.

Favorite Features

The CRV is easy to drive and high enough to have a good view of traffic as situations develop ahead. Our prior vehicle was a Pilot which Honda advertised as "Big, not Bloated". I beg to differ. At the time we had four teenagers with us everywhere we went and the third row of seats was a handy feature.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the rear wheel issue whether it is the alignment specs, as many believe, or the unadjustable camber.

Bad Tires, CD players and Poorly Assembled
By kalam1970

2010 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my NEW Honda CR-V in Feb 2010. It was assembled in Mexico. On the basis of reliability reputation of 'Honda', I decided to buy CR-V out of 3 choices- CR-V, RAV4 and Subaru Forester. In Feb 2010, Toyota was giving very good deal (0% APR) and Forester was rated the best. However, price for RAV4 and Forester was $1000 more than CR-V LX. As I thought I got good deal and I don't have any 'Brand' biasness, I bought CR-V. After 2yrs and driving 21,000 miles, it needs tire changed costing me $850. I am disappointed. Honda did not keep up its reputation. Plastic things fall off, clock runs fast, CD player get very hot within short time. Make noise when starts moving due to loose plastic...

Not as great as I had hoped
By slosoosie

2010 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my CRV nearly a year. I am disappointed with the gas mileage and the lack of acceleration (mushy). I read the other Edmunds reviews and don't see really any other complaints on this - but I don't think that its right. I mentioned to dealer and they couldn't find a problem. Anyway. I like this vehicle. My other Honda is a 91 Accord coupe and frankly I think the 91 is better made and certainly gets better milage with 180 K on it. When I bought the CRV I thought it would last too, but I am not so sure. It is pretty but it just doesn't perform as expected on the highway. Maybe I will trade in for a different model.

Sales and service
By kathy714

2010 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Excellent ride , both in the city and highway, window visibility excellent. mileage, almost 30 on highway. handles easily.

Favorite Features

visibility window, easy to drive, dashboard easy to read

Suggested Improvements

would have like more storage , similar to the 2002 CR-V we have

An above avg small SUV
By urpapa

2010 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Folks, this is just a small SUV, so don't expect too much on power and torque. And since it's "SUV", so don't expect its MPG better than your CIVIC either. Overall, a well built car with better than average power and MPG. I have no problem merging on freeways, cruising on streets. Comb MPG is always around 26. Worst MPG ever got was around 20 (mainly driven on streets). Handling is Honda typical, meaning good. You can drive it like a sedan except when you cornering. After all it's SUV. Nice thing to note is you can change oil once a YEAR. But to be kind to your car, and FGS, change the oil every 6 months.

Favorite Features

standard MP3/WMA CD player; painted steel wheels; spare tire inside the car; streamline look; Tire Pressure Monitor.

Suggested Improvements

better paint (newer cars tend to have very thin paint); better seats.