Used 2010 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 177 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Hate to let this great SUV go!
By trishakeim@yahoo.com

2010 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This has been one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. This car replaced my Toyota Tacoma pick-up and had big shoes to fill in doing that, happily I can say it more than served it's purpose for me and my family. From simply around town errand driving to long road trips, this zippy car is comfortable, has great pick-up, is safe in the wind and rain and is an all around great car. It looks like a Lexus when it has had a wash!

Best vehicle ever
By Donna

2010 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Love my CRV. It's everything I hoped it would be. Great size not to big but comfortable for 4 people. Plenty of room to haul things by dropping back seats and flipping them up out of the way. Nice cargo area for my standard poodle to ride and also has heavy duty clip connected to back of seat to snap my dogs lease to. Heater and A/C are excellent are work well along with heated seats. Easy to get in and out of when I had bad knees
And even better after knee replacements. Enjoy leather seats and are holding up very well. No complaints with vehicle
Has plenty of power even when in heavy traffic in cities. Just had to replace my original tires first big expense. Like that I have plenty of head and leg room which most vehicles I looked at didn't have this benefit. I'm almost 5'10".

After 2.5 years of ownership...
By Stacie Roman

2010 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased used with 38K miles. 3 year old car.
I'm disappointed in this vehicle. While mechanically it's great, no repairs other than maintenance, the interior is CHEAP!
Drivers arm rest is peeling. They are NOT leather, just vinyl.
The visor mirror covers have snapped off so now the mirrors no longer light.
The plastic seat mould on the passangers front seat has lost a clip and now it's loose.
The backup camera...meh. Unusable in the daytime, doesn't reflect well in the console.
The navigation is a joke. Type in 'Home Depot' expecting it to find my nearest one..nope. Piscataway, NJ??? I'm on the west coast. So I just use google maps anymore.
Gas Mileage: 16.4 around town, 20-24mph depending on how fast I drive

Looking to sell/trade it for a Ford Escape. They seem to be put together much better. Hopefully.

My last Honda
By fcgllc

2010 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I recently bought a one-owner. dealer maintained CR-v with just under 100,000 miles on it based on Honda's reputation and Consumer Reports ratings. So far, I've discovered that it uses about 1 qt of oil every 1000 miles. The AC compressor just died (a typical problem for Hondas that was never mentioned by Consumer Reports), and the squeaks and rattles in this thing drive me nuts. I've got a Nissan and a Mazda in my driveway with double the miles of the CR-V and I trust either of them more than I will ever trust another Honda. Once I get the AC working again, this car will be out of my driveway and never again will I own a Honda product.

A Terrific Compromise
By George Falkowski

2010 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

With rise of gas prices, driving a true SUV became totally impractical even though that's what I preferred since the late 1980's. My last car was a Ford Fiesta and I loved it, but the small size began to worry me. I still drive a lot, so giving up 38 mpg on the highway was an issue.

After much searching, I bought a used 2010 CR-V with only 13k miles on it. I've owned it for 18 months as of this writing and have been quite pleased.

It gives me the higher ride of an SUV and a solid 25-27mpg on the highway. Its seats are comfortable (an off-and-on bad back here). There's plenty of room for storage and passes the all-important "two hockey bag test" with plenty of room for the family.

The cargo area is good. As mentioned, we can fit two goalie bags, pads and sticks without cramping the kids in the back seats. We took it on a 1200-mile round trip to western NY and southern Canada in the dead of winter and it did very well, never failing to start despite daily wind chills at minus-20 or more. It was comfortable to drive and we were not cramped in spite of luggage and hockey gear. Controls are easy to use, we like the adjustable rear seat especially. Driver's seat is adjustable for me (6'0") and wife (5'0") for a comfy drive. AWD is great but I did find it slipped a bit on snowy roads with the tug-tug-tug of the antilock brakes. It's certainly not my old Cherokee.

All improvements at this point are aftermarket. I put in Weather-Tech floor mats and added a decent-sized storage box to the rear cargo area, and fasten it down with bungee chords. Still plenty of room for luggage, bags, groceries. The rear of the car is very adaptable to your needs/wants. I have a friend who owns an '04 and she's turned the back of her CR-V into a camper/RV (she does a lot of boating). You can add a luggage rack and more if you love to camp or need to bring more stuff as you head into the wilds. I wish it had a proper console, but that's splitting hairs at this point.