Used 2010 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

My last Honda
By fcgllc

2010 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I recently bought a one-owner. dealer maintained CR-v with just under 100,000 miles on it based on Honda's reputation and Consumer Reports ratings. So far, I've discovered that it uses about 1 qt of oil every 1000 miles. The AC compressor just died (a typical problem for Hondas that was never mentioned by Consumer Reports), and the squeaks and rattles in this thing drive me nuts. I've got a Nissan and a Mazda in my driveway with double the miles of the CR-V and I trust either of them more than I will ever trust another Honda. Once I get the AC working again, this car will be out of my driveway and never again will I own a Honda product.

It's a roomy little car. Great place to store things while the car sits in the driveway with a non functioning AC system! Hey Honda. If you want to keep selling cars, go hire some Hyundai and Kia engineers to fix your cars.

Good grief - Where do I start? Use some quality materials. The AC issues have been with CR-Vs since 2002! Redesign it! The cheap plastic parts in the car belong in a kid's toy, not in an automobile. I've taped and padded most of the front dash area and headliner trying to eliminate squeaks and rattles of all the cheapo plastic that is held together with minimal plastic pins and tape. Have these guys every heard of screws? The armrest "leather" in about 90% of the used cars we looked at were worn thru (cars under 100k miles). The car I bought had the same issue. 90% of the cars I looked at had frt and rear bumper damage. Add some bumper sensors as std equipment.

A Terrific Compromise
By George Falkowski

2010 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

With rise of gas prices, driving a true SUV became totally impractical even though that's what I preferred since the late 1980's. My last car was a Ford Fiesta and I loved it, but the small size began to worry me. I still drive a lot, so giving up 38 mpg on the highway was an issue. After much searching, I bought a used 2010 CR-V with only 13k miles on it. I've owned it for 18 months as of this writing and have been quite pleased. It gives me the higher ride of an SUV and a solid 25-27mpg on the highway. Its seats are comfortable (an off-and-on bad back here). There's plenty of room for storage and passes the all-important "two hockey bag test" with plenty of room for the family.

The cargo area is good. As mentioned, we can fit two goalie bags, pads and sticks without cramping the kids in the back seats. We took it on a 1200-mile round trip to western NY and southern Canada in the dead of winter and it did very well, never failing to start despite daily wind chills at minus-20 or more. It was comfortable to drive and we were not cramped in spite of luggage and hockey gear. Controls are easy to use, we like the adjustable rear seat especially. Driver's seat is adjustable for me (6'0") and wife (5'0") for a comfy drive. AWD is great but I did find it slipped a bit on snowy roads with the tug-tug-tug of the antilock brakes. It's certainly not my old Cherokee.

All improvements at this point are aftermarket. I put in Weather-Tech floor mats and added a decent-sized storage box to the rear cargo area, and fasten it down with bungee chords. Still plenty of room for luggage, bags, groceries. The rear of the car is very adaptable to your needs/wants. I have a friend who owns an '04 and she's turned the back of her CR-V into a camper/RV (she does a lot of boating). You can add a luggage rack and more if you love to camp or need to bring more stuff as you head into the wilds. I wish it had a proper console, but that's splitting hairs at this point.

Honda slow to resolve issues.
By wadelovell

2010 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The CRV has been revised since the 2011 model so the rear tire wear problems may have been addressed by now. If not, plan to spend $500 - $1,500 a year on tires depending on your driving habits. The rears cup or scallop just as the did on the CIVIC but HONDA has yet (May 2014) to issue a technical service bulletin to correct the CRV.

The CRV is easy to drive and high enough to have a good view of traffic as situations develop ahead. Our prior vehicle was a Pilot which Honda advertised as "Big, not Bloated". I beg to differ. At the time we had four teenagers with us everywhere we went and the third row of seats was a handy feature.

Fix the rear wheel issue whether it is the alignment specs, as many believe, or the unadjustable camber.

Hate it
By anitagoodcar

2010 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this new to replace the Toyota Sienna that kept breaking down. Replaced tires, windshield wipers and a few other components before year one. Same complaints as others...plastic bits falling off, poor acceleration, weird noises. Battery problems, computer problems, have nicknamed it HAL from 2001. If it starts singing, "Daisy, Daisy" I am leaving it on the side of the road.

None. This thing is butt ugly. What was I thinking buying this POS in the first place?

Get rid of your design team and start over. Maybe a new reality show that brings in people like the fashion show design idea. Get a bunch of Nascar drivers to be the judges. Larry the Cable Guy can host it.

Excellent First Impression
By ptl3wis

2010 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I began my journey reviewing the GMC Terrain, Chevy Equinox, Toyota RAV4, and of course the Honda CR-V. Although many of these vehicles are great and capable vehicles for my needs, I found that the Honda CR-V beat them all in comfort, build quality, and value. My biggest liking is the gas mileage and the storage capacity. Both of these are outstanding for a AWD vehicle such as the CR-V. Also, the price point is great considering what you get in the EX-L package (Leather, Sunroof, Heated Seats/Mirrors, Etc...) After 3 years of ownership, I have over 60K miles and average 25MPG (30% city, 70% highway). Definitely consider the CR-V when looking for your next SUV.

- Leather Heated Seats - Sunroof - Gas Mileage - Storage Capacity

- Introduce a bigger engine package. Maybe something from the Acura RDX line or similar. - Why get rid of the open front center console (2012 and up)? That is a great spot to put my backpack or for my wife to place her purse.