Utility and practicality can't be beat
By highway24 on
2009 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I carefully considered the Forrester, the RDX, and the Jetta TDI wagon. I came to my senses and committed to the CRV and I'm loving it. The reviews mention a slow 0-60. I haven't noticed much lag in city traffic. The 0-35 I have to do almost every other block around town is zippy. I love the look of the redesigned CRV. They borrowed from the best. The sculpted hood, the curves and points of the headlights...very appealing. Tail-lights were transitioned from an earlier model which evoke the design of certain Volvos. Mileage is around 23 mixed. Hint: go with good gas. I noticed a remarkable drop in engine noise when I didn't skimp and that V-Tec 4 went butter soft, in a good way.
Favorite Features
I love the aesthetics of the exterior design (the hood spoiler accessory makes it a frugal cousin of the X3), the utility of the interior design, nice stereo, excellent air-flow for climate control, low engine noise (w/good gas), and a black plastic composite bumper for parallel parking in the city.
Suggested Improvements
I wonder if they can design the center (folding) tray so that it doesn't rattle whatever you place on it. Still, glad to have it. Nit-picking: The steering wheel thickens in diameter just below the 10:00 and 2:00 positions. My hands, rather than settling into those spots, tend to avoid them.