2009 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: Not as good as I hoped

2009 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

Not as good as I hoped
By pdxcrv on

2009 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my CRV for about a week and have put on about 600 miles. The fuel economy stinks for a 4 cylinder! I am averaging just around 20 MPG. The average meter moves up very slowly on the freeways and I seemed to max out at 21 MPG. However, it plummets rapidly when driving in the city getting around 15MPG. This is a lot worse than the 2008 Equinox that I was driving and it was a V6 with a lot more power and interior room. The other reviews are correct about the limited storage option in the CRV. Honda really needs to put in a coin holder. The three slots that are at knee level are small and difficult to access. Actually, they are kind of useless.

MP3 jack.

Coin holder. Road noise is horrible! I get a headache from the noise after about 30 minutes on the freeway. Needs a smoother ride. You will feel and hear every bump in the road. Increase the fuel economy. Adjustable lumbar support.