Nice little Honda
By Honda owner on
2009 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
Traded in 07 RAV-4 base model, wife has 07 CRV-EX; I think RAV had more passenger cabin space. MPG is good- we use BP 5% cash back card, I get 27-29 in summer, 24-26 in winter at 25-35 mph back roads/city and 55-65 mph divided highway to/from/for work. Concur re other interior comments- stains easily. Good in snow, easy to park, hauls stuff for picnics/parks, but a little crowded. With 2 car seats in back there's not enough room for adult in middle for comfort. Mine was made in USA, hers in Japan- mine showed rust on rear wheel hub(?) and hatch lift rods from purchase, not hers. Mine has squeak in steering/front shock. Continental 4x4 OEM tires bad-37K; new Cooper CS4's on hers ok at 12k.
Favorite Features
Reliability good with Honda engineering, still feels more "solid" than RAV after almost 2 yrs on each. Good in snow- only had to shovel driveway when it was over 10" or so. Like mid-console- can stuff "things" box, etc under it. I use driver sunscreen mirror to check/talk to my child in back.
Suggested Improvements
My USA-made car hints at less quality. Both cars show fingernail scratches on body under door handles. Her Walmart seat covers hide stains. Orig tires are not good- mine also bald at 35k. I was 74 Dodge Van (good), 83 Saab (ok), 96 Jeep Cherokee (ok) and 90 Toyota small pickup (great) owner.