New CR-V after 2500 miles
By asapguy on
2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
This is our first Honda, in fact our first car other then one from the "big 3". The CR-V is a real pleasure to drive. It replaced a 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 170K miles. As of now the MPG's are at 22 but this is only local driving. The voice recognition system needs some improvement. It rarely gets the command right the 1st time. I'm surprised at the amount of road noise inside & this might be a factor with the voice commands. We also have a new 09 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2dr. The Jeep is much quieter & has less road noise at 60MPH. We usually keep a vehicle for 15 yrs or more so I hope it'll last. My wife drives the CR-V 90% of the time.
Favorite Features
On a nice day we love to open the sun roof. The Nav. system is great but takes some getting use to. Also like the back-up camera. My wife loves the heated seats. The rear storage & back seat fold down is wonderful. Overall we both love driving the CR-V.
Suggested Improvements
Could be much quieter inside. In reading some of the reviews owners complained about the factory Continental tires. Maybe those are a source of the road noise. The voice recognition system needs improvement. A tinted w/s would be nice.