Initial Impressions After 1 Month
By Andy on
2009 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
Firstly I'm pretty picky and I haven't had the car long. The driver's seat could use better lumbar support and a bit more leg room. Cloth seat durability is ? + meant for smaller person. Backup sensor add-on although nice isn't something really needed. Its not hard to get used to backing it up. Cheap carpet floor mats are not going to last long. Rear door doesn't latch w/o slamming. Addon compass/rear view mirror sits too high on window. Too close to top console (no clearance). Wind impacts mileage a LOT. Very limited range (350ish and much less in wind). Bit rough shifting out of 1st sometimes. Braking is great. Handles well. Good visibility. For its size, I like the car. Hard to beat new.
Favorite Features
The red is a great color. Looks ok with light dirt. Car has good pep for a 4 cyl. Easily good enough for getting onto+for hwy. The front seat will lay flat. It would need seat protection I think it would allow 2x4's to be carried. Has good cargo space and even with my whining, it is comfortable.
Suggested Improvements
Allow key fob to lock doors with drv door open. Bigger gas tank! Figure out how to ground things to eliminate static shock. Change radio-steering mode button to scan. Higher speedometer resolution. Add adj seats in CLOTH to ex. Add coin holder. Add center box vs folddown to ex.