2009 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: I Like My 09 CRV LX

2009 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Review

I Like My 09 CRV LX
By Bill on

2009 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have four Hondas (one an 08 CRV) in the family, so sold on reliability. It came down between the CRV and Hyundai Santa Fe. I really liked the Santa Fe for the money, but I drive cars 10-15 years, and felt better about Honda's long term reliability. I have not noticed the road noise problem I have read about. The CRV is fun to drive, and does very well on the interstate. I like the maintenance minder, mpg display, etc. The ride and seats are a little firmer than I like (67 yrs old), but not that uncomfortable. My only problem was "rail rust" in the paint on top. I used a clay bar to help remove it. I do not understand why the top can't be covered in transit. So far, very satisfied.

Considering it is a small SUV, I like the way it handles on the interstate. The four cylinder is smooth and has enough power for my driving. I like the maintenance minder and associated displays. The seating space is good in both front and back, with some rear cargo space still left .

No real complaints, other than more protection during shipping. I was somewhat disappointed that it was not assembled in the US. I wish there had been more LX's available. I had very few colors to choose from, but didn't want to pay extra $2k for sun roof and other features I didn't need.