2009 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: Great First Impressions!

2009 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Review

Great First Impressions!
By Ron on

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have owned several Accords both 4 and 6 cyl. Always great performers but I now need AWD (Colorado mountains/plains) and storage room. 27/32 HWY and 22/24 urban - REALLY. Very impressed w/power and trans. in mountain and normal terrain. Big guy, it is comfortable and stability is outstanding; w/performance in windy conditions surprisingly good. Have not had any snow to test in yet. Compared with Forester (lousy 4 spd trans.) almost went w/it anyway, Rav4 (not as stable and the swing out rear door is dangerous) and Edge (lousy mpg but felt substantial).

Generally: size/functionality, solid quality, styling, room and visibility. Specifically: transmission (smooth with an outstanding power curve for a 4 cyl., MPG better than sticker - really. Interior controls are very functional and accessible.

I bought the EX-L AWD w/o nav. But at this level would expect a compass, self dimming rear view mirror, auto headlamps and homelink. (Bluetooth for the cell would be nice but I think it comes w/the Nav. which I did not need nor willing to pay the $1,759 for).