2009 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: Fun to drive!

2009 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

Fun to drive!
By Happy Honda Owner on

2009 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

With over 10,000 miles, most cross-country with A.C. blasting, the CRV has averaged 30 mpg highway and 25 city! Love the interior lighting. The headrest is a bit uncomfortable on long drives, and for me, there is a "blind side" in the right rear. The steering wheel has a nice form, and I have grown to love the stereo's volume control located on it. The car has a tight seal and I feel safe it it. Wish there were some console and not just fold down...seems a bit of a waste of space. A.C. and heater work quickly. Handles well in the rain and has small turning radius. In cruise control, up hills, it doesn't skip a beat! Test drove Subaru, Saturn, Toyota, and Volvo (+$20,000!). Loved the CRV!

Night interior lighting. Safety. Easy handling. Spacious and quiet. Love the trip odometer display with mpg info and oil life info. Great gas mileage. Back door opens with ease from outside. I don't mind waiting at long lights if I am in this car!

Suggest different headrests. Seats could be a little more comfortable. An indicator for an open sunroof (roof can be shut and forgotten while window is 'vented'). A console. Standard side-molding; doors get banged easily. Wish back seats folded flat instead of upright. Lacks inside back door opener.