Disappointment
By rajinny on
2009 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I traded in my Dodge Caravan that I had for 17 years for the Honda CR-V. The ac works intermittently and I took it back within the first week and it was not fixed. I had to take it back and the clutch, temp sensor and thermal protector were replaced and it still had the problem after being 3 days in the shop. Now I took it back and the dealership is troubleshooting. It is day 3. I contacted Honda Corporate- disappointed- one more layer of mgmt. I am looking into the lemon law process. I have had the vehicle for less than 2 months and less than 300 miles and it has been in the shop 3 times already. I would suggest that before buying test the SUV and ac sufficiently.
Favorite Features
The CRV is a 4-cyl but handles like a 6-cyl. Easy steering and smooth acceleration. I am happy overall with the SUV except for ac.
Suggested Improvements
Seats are rigid and uncomfortable, Air conditioning temp readings should be on the panel since ac intermittently, road noise is very noticeable, back hatch control should be on remote key and inside the vehicle, too early to tell other improvements.