2009 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: At 15,000+ miles

2009 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Review

At 15,000+ miles
By chuckfromli on

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just had it in to Honda for a recall regarding a transmission upgrade. Also had my third oil change and tire rotation at this time. No problems with the vehicle at all. Gas mileage varies a lot though. It can get 26-27 MPG on highway if the road is level. That will drop to 22-24 if there are hills. Around the crowded suburbs I average about 21 MPG. The leather seats are cheap, no doubt. It seems only the drivers seat is actually leather. And there is a lot of wind noise if you open just one of the front windows on the highway. You need to crack open one of the rear windows too. But this is true in many cars and vans these days it seems.

Still keep the XM radio-can't live without it now. The heated seats works great. The seats are comfortable to me, and I've never had a problem with the headrest position. It is just a good, reliable, maneuverable car/SUV. The resale value is phenomenal too. I see Honda dealers asking MSRP for year old vehicles, and even two year old ones they are asking for only about $2000 under original MSRP. I know those are asking prices, but still, to drive a car for 2-3 years and have it still be worth 70-80% of what you paid for is unheard of in any other brand I know of.

Honda-Invest in some good quality leather!