As advertised
By hack on
2009 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
We recently drove from Minnesota to Maine via Canada, down the East Coast and back to the Midwest with our two kids. Most of what you hear about the CRV is true. There is pronounced road noise on rough pavement, though smooth pavement is fine. The engine has pep in city driving, but acceleration can be sluggish and the engine can feel over-matched on highway merging and some hills - passing is fine. The suspension and seats are a bit stiff, the low-beam lights are poor, but the driver's view, cabin lay-out, and the responsiveness of the steering are excellent. Easily fit a month's worth of gear. Biggest surprise? Very good mileage 28 - 32 at 70+ on the highway. Not a luxury vehicle.
Favorite Features
Smooth transmission, cabin lay-out, responsive steering and room. Pleasantly surprised with fuel efficiency thus far on the highway. I am careful, but not slow, and it's been much better than advertised.
Suggested Improvements
Even with the upgraded stereo/speakers on the EX, low-end sound is very tough to pick up and the sound quality hurts my ears. I wish I could have gotten a better stereo w/out trim upgrade. Engine is mostly fine, a bit more horsepower would be better. Even so, felt it was much better than the RAV.