2009 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Nice vehicle but too much road noise
By Richard on 08/06/09 15:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this vehicle on June 30,09. Handles very nicely and the leather seats are quite comfortable. Can't give you city mpg because we live in the country but drove from Illinois to Ohio and got 29.8 mpg doing 65-75mph. I'm 6'1" and there is plenty of headroom. At highway speed over certain types of pavement the road noise into the CRV is VERY loud, especially grooved pavement that is on most overpasses. Also, the smallest of cracks in the pavement are felt when driving over them.

love and hate of my new CRV
By David on 08/05/09 22:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought my 2009 Honda CRV LX 2X and got very annoyed by the driver's seat head support. It is absolutely unacceptable design. Only one hour drive already made my neck uncomfortable.It is like a bullet sitting against the back of your head! forcing your head to bent.The engine is very smooth in local but luggish and noisy on uphills.Accept these two, everything else is almost perfect.But these will cause me to sell it right away.especially the seat.The power is known to be not very good on uphills.But the front seats are not acceptable.pay good attention to it before you buy it. I regret not going to test drive the RAV4.

Love my CRV-EXL!
By Carmen on 08/04/09 03:26 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had SUV'S now for 20 yrs and last year, because of the gas spike, I traded for a Honda Accord...Beautiful car, but was not good in the snow...I kept checking out the Honda CRV's and finally traded last week...This car is ME! Love it even more than my Toyota Highlander, which was a 6 cylinder engine...I was apprehensive at first, because it was a 4cyl, but I see very little difference between the Highlander and my CRV...This car is a keeper, especially with the long New England winters...I really feel safe too, which was one of the determining factors, other than 4 wheel drive...Ok, maybe a nicer rearview mirror and a pop up trunk switch, a bigger fuel tank, but I'm not complaining!

What a great car
By Jim Merritt on 08/03/09 12:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We love this car. It drives like a dream. The CR-V is comfortable for passengers and drivers alike. It is quiet on the road. The sound system is superb as is the navigation system. On a recent trip it took us within ten yards of our destination! The size is just right for those that do not need a 5+ passenger capacity. Our grandsons think it is cool.

Great Vehicle
By Lucky on 08/01/09 20:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had it a month now and love it. Don't notice road noise others have mentioned. I have the AWD with the Bridgestone tires. Been getting 21-22 mpg combined driving and around 28 mpg on all highway. I'm 6ft.2in. and have plenty of room. There is plenty of power for me. It's a very nice ride on the highway.

Blues Little Gem
By maria hays on 08/01/09 18:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Love my CR-V! Got the CR-V with all the bells and whistles, it is incredible!

Better Than Expected...
By NewCarGuy on 07/30/09 12:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After driving every small ute out there, I narrowed it down to the CR-V and the Forester. The wife preferred the look of the CR-V over the Forester. Since it's primarily her car we went with the CR-V. I was most concerned about the lack of power (I drive an '09 Murano). However, it packs plenty of punch for her daily needs. It's amazing how spacious the interior feels on such a small frame. This is a perfect vehicle for driving around town, but I prefer the smooth ride of my Murano on a long drive. The handling is superb for an SUV, which makes it fun to drive. I was concerned about rear visibility w/o the backup camera, but it's fine. Make sure you check out the Forester too.

Love the CR V
By Erica on 07/30/09 04:56 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We traded in our 04 Chrysler Town and Country that had 170,000 (my husband drives a lot for work)for the CR V. What a great and fun to drive truck it is! Our other car is a Volvo XC90, and while I enjoy driving it, the CR V is so easy to maneuver and park that I have virtually kidnapped th CR V from my husband. It really is a great value compact SUV for the money, not to mention the Honda reliability. This is our 3rd Honda and we couldn't be more pleased.

Pretty much a great little car
By CMW on 07/27/09 06:07 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am happy I purchased this car because I love the way it looks and drives. Very practical. Lots of compliments from retirees. Car looks like it costs a lot more than it does.

Seats from Hell
By Bob on 07/25/09 10:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Love the 2009 Honda CR-V I just bought with one glaring exception, the seats are from hell. After about a 100 mile trip they are so uncomfortable I just about traded it in with less than 500 miles total on the CR-V. Probably will not keep this vehicle much longer, cannot stand to be so miserable. Am asked "How do you like your new car?" I answer "I hate it, want to buy it!" That just about sums it up!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda CR-V Suv in VA is:

$114 per month*