Used 2009 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Still Raving after 9 months ownership
By Happy CR-V Owners

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We've had this car for 9 months, now, and could not be more pleased. Highway mileage from Florida to upstate NY averaged over 30 mph. Comfort and driveability are superb for this level of vehicle. (I do agree with a few others that road noise is a little above what we'd like, but who's perfect? Even with the 2-wheel drive that's standard in the south, we had no trouble driving in the snow and ice of Rochester, NY area a couple weeks ago. Overall, we're VERY pleased with our purchase and would buy another CR-V in a minute.

Favorite Features

Handling, comfort and mileage

Suggested Improvements

A little more sound insulation would help the CR-V.

Nice vehicle
By van

2009 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my CRV for two months now and I can't complain. Gas mileage is ok for now (23 around town and 27 hwy) but I hope to get better mileage once it is broken in. One thing I am disappointed in is the Bridgestone tires on the CRV. They don't have very good traction at all in the snow. If it wasn't for the AWD I would be sliding all over the road. I can't believe Honda puts such a poor tire on their vehicles. Other than the tires I really like my CRV. It's fun to drive and a nice looking vehicle.

Favorite Features

The ipod port and the cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

Definitely an upgrade on the tires.

Love My CR-V!
By Bride of Mookie

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have had this car for 8 months so far and I love it! Just took our first long trip (1800 miles) and thought it was time to write a review. There is very little we don't like. The CR-V replaced our Pontiac Montana - wanted something a little smaller, but not a car. For a long trip that we make once a year, we missed the extra space, but for the rest of the year, it is great!

Favorite Features

The car is fun to drive. We were also looking at the Rav-4 and I liked how this afforded floor space between front seats for things like a purse. It also felt smaller than a Rav-4, which I preferred. For a 4 cyl it has pretty good get up and go! Handles great in the snow and ice.

Suggested Improvements

A 6 cyl option, the controls on the steering wheel need more light, a compass, auto headlights should be standard - that is one of my biggest pet peeves! I would still highly recommend the car, in spite of those things.

Faultless
By kimberkook

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The CR-V is my first new vehicle in eleven years and I selected carefully. No disappointments. It is comfort, utility, style and dependability rolled into a nice neat package. Shortly after taking delivery we drove "the Beaver" trans continent for a total of 11K miles and it never skipped a beat. Mileage was spot on the ratings, but the power was peppier than I expected. Finally, I delayed writing this review because I wanted to wait for a couple of "snow trials" before commenting here. The original Conti tires came off and Blizzaks went on... nothing stops the Beaver now!

Favorite Features

Nav system; interior layout, general styling, 4WD

Suggested Improvements

Use heavier leather material for seating surfaces. The light material is stretching. Glad you added Bluetooth for 2010 too.

Love My CR-V EX-L
By chinhua Wang

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

CR-V is my first SUV. We loved the concept of SUV but were worried about the handling and gas consumption. We selected CR-V for its roomy interior, high mileage and its standard configurations. Honda is simpler and EX-L had all the features we wanted and none we didn't care about. It was a great decision. The handling is so smooth that it feels like a car. The mileage is very close to sedan. We love all the luxury features come with it.

Favorite Features

High mileage. Good luggage capacity in this class. Leather seats. Seats can lean far back. Car seat warmer. Visual indicator of door open. Digital indicator of engine oil life.

Suggested Improvements

The body is bit thin and did not resist impact well but I guess it helped the mileage. The second row seat is not as comfortable as it could be.